Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Help identifying bottle

Nola.River.Rat

Jun 11, 2019
Can anyone help in identifying this bottle? I've never seen anything like it before.
Thanks!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
That looks like a really old one to me! Is it pontilled? I think it's a citrate of magnesia based on that top, but a lot older than your typical citrate.

Nola.River.Rat

Jun 11, 2019
That looks like a really old one to me! Is it pontilled? I think it's a citrate of magnesia based on that top, but a lot older than your typical citrate.
No pontil. Interesting. I never would have guessed since my only citrate of magnesia is a crown top. Thanks!

saratogadriver

Sep 10, 2009
that looks like it would polish up to a really neat cornflower blue, not just your typical aqua. 3x on citrate of magnesia. They seemed to be a product that came in very uniform packaging.

Jim G

Nola.River.Rat

Jun 11, 2019
that looks like it would polish up to a really neat cornflower blue, not just your typical aqua. 3x on citrate of magnesia. They seemed to be a product that came in very uniform packaging.

Jim G
Thanks! Yes it is a pretty blue. I wish I had a tumbler. Just can't justify the expense right now. I wonder if it was always cloudy or part of the breakdown of the glass.

saratogadriver

Sep 10, 2009
I'd say 1870-1890 would be a safe time frame, with that lip suggesting the earlier part of the time period. But none of our time estimates are 100%, they sometimes used forms earlier than we think of, and often seemed to continue using older forms beyond when the technology changed.

Jim G

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylormullins00