Help IDing an early blob-top

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I found this broken early blob-top while out searching and finding a small dump site with, best I can tell without doing a major dig, bottles and jars dating from the 50's and 60's this last Thursday, this broken Leisy bottle was in the same dump, way out of place from the other stuff found. I can't find any on-line that look the same, wondering if this one is actually from Cleveland, Oh. rather than from Peoria, Il. Looking at bottles shown on UncleBruce's site from Peoria, the letter "E" in the word "The" in front of Leisy, doesn't look like an "E" on my bottle, wish a little more of the embossing was still left in that area of the bottle I found, better yet, if the whole bottle was still intact, oh well, any info would be great. 20210420_142451.jpg20210420_142509.jpg

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I found this broken early blob-top while out searching and finding a small dump site with, best I can tell without doing a major dig, bottles and jars dating from the 50's and 60's this last Thursday, this broken Leisy bottle was in the same dump, way out of place from the other stuff found. I can't find any on-line that look the same, wondering if this one is actually from Cleveland, Oh. rather than from Peoria, Il. Looking at bottles shown on UncleBruce's site from Peoria, the letter "E" in the word "The" in front of Leisy, doesn't look like an "E" on my bottle, wish a little more of the embossing was still left in that area of the bottle I found, better yet, if the whole bottle was still intact, oh well, any info would be great.View attachment 224291View attachment 224292
Issac Leisy.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Thanks Rob, I wish there was a good picture of the bottle in the link you provided, but I didn't see any unless I missed it. But that would make sense because the last letter before "Leisy" on my bottle looks like a letter C.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Thanks Rob, I wish there was a good picture of the bottle in the link you provided, but I didn't see any unless I missed it. But that would make sense because the last letter before "Leisy" on my bottle looks like a letter C.
I see a few Leisy beer bottles but none similar to yours. Maybe rare or scarce.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I see a few Leisy beer bottles but none similar to yours. Maybe rare or scarce.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Yeah, I really wish it hadn't been broke, I need to go back to the spot where I found it and do some digging, hoping I can find more of it, and with any real luck, find a complete one..... :p

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Issac Leisy.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Just a little chip.... (Maybe it can be fixed? ) like when That’s always a sick feeling! As long as your not the one who broke it, helps a tiny bit....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Just a little chip.... (Maybe it can be fixed? ) like when That’s always a sick feeling! As long as your not the one who broke it, helps a tiny bit....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No, what's left of it is how I found it, I need to look closer in the area where I found it to see if any more of it is still there. The spot it was in is not the easiest place to get into and dig, kinda an awkward stance because of the terrain where this dump site is located....frigg'n briars, along with mud, a water run off, a ditch running through, and on a hillside, if you can imagine all that in one small spot...lol

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
No, what's left of it is how I found it, I need to look closer in the area where I found it to see if any more of it is still there. The spot it was in is not the easiest place to get into and dig, kinda an awkward stance because of the terrain where this dump site is located....frigg'n briars, along with mud, a water run off, a ditch running through, and on a hillside, if you can imagine all that in one small spot...lol
If it's on a hillside there could be some more older stuff there. It's not necessarily a late throw in that context, could be different years of dump all mixed together from erosion over the years.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie