help! pics of bottles to i.d.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

roket

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the bottle I found in the woods yesterday. It is 4.5 inches tall and 1.5 inches wide. The writing reads "The knapp extract co. 209 herald st. cleveland, o." The seam does not continue through the neck of the bottle. it has a slight pinkish hue to it as well. there was no information about the company or address on the internet.
I have also included a picture of two bottles that were given to me by a friend. The taller one (6.75 by 2.25) reads "carter's ext. of smartweed" and the shorter one (6.25 by 2) reads "hamlin's wizard oil". Neither of these bottles are as in good of shape as the first one, but since I had them, I figured I would ask if anyone had any info. on them.
Any info. on time period, companies, value, etc. of these 3 bottles would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
-Roket

Rp42444.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42444.jpg
    Rp42444.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 83

brianwi

Reaction score
Try kovels.com
This is what it says:
(Medicine) Carter's Ext. Of Smart Weed, Erie, Pa., Aqua, 5 1/4 In. $22.00 (1999)
(Medicine) Hamlin's Wizard Oil, Chicago, Ill., Aqua, Applied Top, 3 7/8 In. $240.00 (2001)
But if you notice these are not the exact same size as yours,
I hope this gives you a start

medbottle

Reaction score
Greetings all. I just wanted to say that the the Kovel's price of $240.00 for the Hamlins Wizard Oil is WAAAYYY off! Sorry roket, but its a fairly common bottle that's worth around $5.00. Where do the Kovel's get these values?

Pontiled

Reaction score
Not only are Kovell's prices often way off, but they list the same bottle in many places. Often, each seperate entry will list some features and not others, and by varying what is listed, it gives the impression of being a different listing.

What do they know about bottles? Nothing, but they do sell their books to the unsuspecting reader.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973