Help please with missing blob!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
he said he sent them out ot me, so if he wants to just send it my way,
kerns glass cleaning
rr 1 box 101
noxen pa 18636

GuntherHess

Reaction score
one thing you might want to consider on replacement tops like this...
you could use a clear top which is a lot easier to find. then color it with a color glass coating to match the bottle color. that way you might end up with a better display match with a lot less trouble.

tfredrich

Reaction score
Hi Bill!
I sent the quart from Watertown and a pint beer along with it to be cut up for the repair, however if Rick's address is OK with you (posted in this thread) could you send the blob and neck to him, That way he could decide which is best to use as this is his area of expertise. I would gladly reimburse the postage to you if you want to give me your address. Thanks so much!
Tom

druggistnut

Reaction score
Tom,
It's boxed and will be on its way to Rick, tomorrow.
I took a picture of it and will post it in a minute, as soon as I find what file it went to.
Bill

druggistnut

Reaction score
Here it is. I'm sure it will look great, after Rick does the repair and tumbles it.
Bill

2D236D5347E843C8A3754C8833769B81.jpg

Attachments

• 2D236D5347E843C8A3754C8833769B81.jpg
    2D236D5347E843C8A3754C8833769B81.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 70

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
it is here safe and sound, they both look real close, i have to clean it up and see how the color matches.
rick

tfredrich

Reaction score
Bill,
Thanks again for taking the time to mail the blob out to Rick! It is people like you who make collecting bottles what it is! FUN ,ENJOYABLE, and EXCITING! I cannot wait to get this bottle back now!
Tom

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
Just about done. 3 more days and it will be on it's way home. I will have rick post pictures here.
This is his wife Mary. Rick is out of it this week, his neck is really giving him trouble,
It is from the car accident 4 years ago. And get this. funny thing it has been 4 years and now, state farm insurance wants an independent medical evaluation, They are the other side of this lawsuit.Why not 4 months after it happend when he couldn't hardly walk.
Rick said, they like playing ball, But in his day he always struck them out.
Thanks for your support..
Mary

druggistnut

Reaction score
Mary/Rick,
Be careful. I was an insurance agent way back. You can bet they either have had folks watching Rick, or will. If they see him digging bottles, they'll document/photograph it and have that evidence to use against his claim.
Maybe he should just do repairs for a while, until the claim is settled?
I am going through the exact same thing right now. I have a lot of metal in me now and a couple more surgeries pending, and it is tough (physically) for me to dig. BUT...., we all know how it works on you, not being able to dig. I generally have kept my digging to late nights for the last year. That makes it a lot easier for me to spot anyone lurking/following me. It's also a lot cooler.
You can never explain how you can dig bottles but not work, right? They don't care that Rick or I might be in a lot of pain that we work through. It is just the bad impression it gives. I felt guilty about it, for a while, but came to the conclusion that my entire life has changed and I won't ever be able to go back to my full time job in the military (the requirements are beyond my limitations now). That doesn't mean that I can't perform other physical activities (like digging).
Good luck, Rick.
Bill

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey