Help w Assortment

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JIHUNTER

Reaction score
All found on Charleston, SC peninsula. Period from 1700 to present so lots of history. Some interesting black glass bottles, deep olive bottles. And the light blue bottle that I’m not familiar with. They are very crudely made and have lots of construction imperfections. First time i have found bottles made like this whole. The lighter blue and rainbow bottles all have thin lips and either open or smoothed pontils“Any insight on bottles shapes purposes would be appreciated” as whats in the picture is only a third of the first day digging, claening will take some time but I will continue to posts as i cleanVery interesting maker marks as well can’t find any precedentThe two light glass marks are very easy to see but seam very abstract. The base of the black glass bottle has a smooth pontil in the middle with lettering all the way around it, then on the outer edge theres more writing. Its very hard to make out but look s very high dollar for the time Also a couple very thinly made open pontils, cant believe they came out whole! Im a Chas native so was very happy to find some late 1800 early 1900 soda, cola, beer bottles that were bottled here. All embossed- The Germania Brewing Co., Chas SC - Info easy- Coca-Cola Bottling Co, Chas sc - Bottler was not here long, could not find a matching bottle made in charleston at all??- FW Jenner Bottling Co., Chas SC - Info Easy- MF Freisnor Drug Store, Fly Driver and Mosquito Exterminator - Could not find any info Thanks

botlguy

Reaction score
Troy, you have sorta hit the jackpot. Great stuff! Please try to send pictures that are taken in natural, but not directly behind, sunlight and focus on the subject and not the background. The base of the square light green piece, 3rd picture, shows it was made in Great Britain. I can't really tell much about any of the others.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
JIHUNTER said:
- MF Freisnor Drug Store, Fly Driver and Mosquito Exterminator - Could not find any info
[attachment=Clipboard03.jpg] Try FRIERSON

Attachments

• f5737b9f59f74dbd90d0c0e60c3006f1.jpg
    f5737b9f59f74dbd90d0c0e60c3006f1.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 90

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
C&B is probably Crosse and Blackwell, I think. Yep that's an applied crown I think, are those uncommon in the US? Up here they're really common on imported bottles, but pretty rare on locals if seen at all.I don't think your bottle with writing on the base has a pontil, I'm pretty sure those things can't both be there at the same time. Could you try making a rubbing or putting it in better light?

JIHUNTER

Reaction score
Yes on applied crown, have a bunch from this batch with intresting openings, going to posts more today.Pontil marked belongs to the capers bottle? pictured above it

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26