help w/ these bottles from my uncle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Just got a bunch of bottles from my uncle (And not even as a Christmas Present!!) he just had them around the house and wanted to get rid of them.[:D] Here they are:

1. Heinz jar (but it has a neck). Clear, ABM, Cork, wide mouth, 8-sided, 5 1/2 in. tall, 2 1/2 in. wide, "lines" around base, Embossed on base: "H.J Heinz Co. 423."

2. Heinz Bottle. Clear, ABM, screw-top, 6 1/2 in. tall, 2 1/2 in. wide at shoulder, 2 in. wide at base., round w/ 14 "sides" curved at the top that end at the shoulder, Embossed on base: "H.J Heinz Co. 401". They're's also some flakes of this ugly black stuff in this one I can't get out

3. Orange Crush soda. Clear, ABM (for some reason, the neck has a seperate seam from the rest of the bottle), crown, 11 1/2 in. tall, 3 in. wide, 1 pint, 8 fl. oz., Embossed in slug plate: "Orange Crush Bottling Co. Buffalo, NY" Near base: "Registered Contents: 1 pint 8 fl. oz." on base: Triangle with an R in it

4. Milk Bottle, clear, 7 in. tall, 3 in. wide, embossed in slug plate: "Willaimsville Dairy" (with a "D" ) above slug plate: "One Pint Liquid".

5. Tall Jar. Clear, ABM, screw-top, 7 1/2 in. tall,2 in. wide., lots of bubbles and "Swirls" in the glass. just a plain cylindrical jar. Maybe olives or oil??

6. Whiskey Bottle. ABM, brown, cork, 11 in. tall, 3 in. wide, lots of bubbles, long neck, target-like design on base. Used to have one just like this, but I gave it to my art teacher (Who is also my crush's mom[;)])

7. Another whiskey, clear, ABM, cork, Whittle marks (even though it's ABM), lots of bubbles, 11 in. tall, about 3 1/4 in. wide , embossed on shoulder "32 Fl. Oz.

6. French's Jar, Clear, 5 in. tall, 3 in. wide, embossed: "14 oz. net French's Medford Brand Prepared Mustard".

I know the numbers on the base of the heinz bottles are a code for the food the bottle contained, but I have no Idea what was in them. Any help on age, value, the whole she-bang will be appreciated.[;)]

Thanx[:D]

David E

Reaction score
H.J. HEINZ CO. Pittsburgh, PA. 1888 to present
H.J. HEINZ Pittsburgh, PA 1860 to 1869
F.J. HEINZ "" 1876 to 1888
HEINZ & NOBLE """ 1869 to 1872

R within a triangle Reed NY 1927 to 1956.

Dave

monalisa

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I dug an old, clear-aqua, 6 1/2", cork top Heinz which is embossed HEINZ BROS & CO on the front w/trade mark & also on the base. Anyone know the approximate years that this name was used? Thanx in advance, Mike

madman

Reaction score
hey digger, the crush bottle sounds like a semi automatic bottle, from what youve listed sounds like pretty cool stuff mike

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen