Help with bottle Identification

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

strongj5678

Reaction score
It sounds like you found an excellent dump if these were on the top. I would start digging!

Tarheel

Reaction score
I think I'm going to take your advice and dig, dig, dig! Maybe older bottles are down there? Is there a "bottle digging 101" book or web page anyone can recommend? Thanks folks!

westKYdigger

Reaction score
There is a lot of knowledge shared on these threads. start a search for dump digging and just browse for a while. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone shares.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, I hope you can get permission to go back after work sometime with a shovel.Streator used SB&G CO (or something like that, that's from memory). A large S, say around ½ - ¾ of the base would likely be the bottling plant ID it was to be returned to for washing and refilling or an initial of the brand of beer or soda Common or not, Bitters are what many people hope to find and you found one just laying on top? [:)][:)] Not to shabby and I'm guessing you were also "on the clock" so even better.

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
Tarheel said:
I think I'm going to take your advice and dig, dig, dig! Maybe older bottles are down there? Is there a "bottle digging 101" book or web page anyone can recommend? Thanks folks!
You're here, Tarheel. The best "old bottle digging 101" web page there is. [:)] ~Mike

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I think I just packed one just like yours, except mine has awful lot of - in the dirt roughness on the surface that will require tumbling I think. Tarheel if you would like my newbie information - send me an email. RED Matthews <bottlemysteries@yaho.com>

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS