Help with Old Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FSUGuy

Reaction score
Greetings - first time posting and having trouble figuring out how to post photos. Any advice? I am new to the Forum so thanks in advance for any help available. I recently picked up this old Bottle and have tried figuring out what it was used for, approximate age, etc.. It is a large Bottle - stands 11" tall and 8 1/2" wide. very thick glass - it weighs 6 pounds. Looks like it may have had a glass stopper. Note the thick glass base. The lip is a 2 part mold and applied to the lower part of the bottle, the bottle also 2 part mold.

Nevadabottles

Reaction score
Hi FSUGuy, to upload a picture you re size in paint and then you click on the open full version just to the right of quick reply.

FSUGuy

Reaction score
Nevadabottles,Thanks so much for your assistance and quick reply. I must admit, I am not too good with computers, this was actually my first ever post outside normal facebook stuff. My wife and I tried for 2 hours to figure out how to add the photos but were unsuccessful. We were able to follow your directions but it would not allow us, in the end, to download the photos. We keep getting an "Unable to download photos message".Not sure what is correct protocol for this sight but if possible I can send photos to an email account if you, or anyone is interested. The Bottle is green glass and I guess the best shape to describe it would be a heart shape. Still researching on line and cant find anything like it as an example to lead you to.Thanks again for your help,Tom

FSUGuy

Reaction score
Eric,Thanks for your comments. It is not a demijohn or carboy as my bottle is not round. I gave the height and width dimensions earlier but forgot the depth which is 4 1/2". Carboys and demijohns are round / teardrop shapes form what I can tell in looking at them. My bottle is more heart shaped, maybe like a huge perfume bottle. I appreciate the link but that is the one we were trying to work with from Nevadabottles as well and without luck.Tom

sunrunner

Reaction score
this bottle sounds like a 1920 window display bottle . maybe worth a few bucks . not many folks collect that stuff.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
"The lip is a 2 part mold and applied to the lower part of the bottle, the bottle also 2 part mold."Okay, from the picture that's machine made for sure. I don't know what it is, maybe a decanter, maybe just a decoration.Sorry I'm not much help.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26