Help with value on this mountain dew lot....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cherise

Reaction score
here is a large lot of dew bottles that i can get...just wondering if the price is right for the lot of them.....

9 bottles with no names years 1965-68
11 bottles of Ed & Gene from 1965 (not sure if there is more than 1 version of the Ed & Gene)

that is the lot plus there is one of the "Filled by One That's Able, Says Mabel." bottle that he is selling separate.

i dont have my mountain dew price guide yet...what would be a fair value on the lot and the value of the Able-Mable bottle

All bottle are in very good condition and some better than that....

anyone have any ideas???

TJSJHART

Reaction score
THIS SITE MIGHT HELP http://gono.com/museum2003/paintedlbottles/mountaindew1.htm

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
$100 + $25.

Why ya want 20 bottles that are just alike? Common ones at that.

Me...........I would just try for two, the 'Ed and Gene' and 'Filled by one...........' for $35-$40 for the pair...........now that's just me.

How much does the seller want.........

$10 x 9 = $90.00 for the commons
$30 x 11 = $330.00 'E&G's
$ 30 x 1 = $30.00 'Mable's able
_______
$ 450.00......................????????????

ncbred

Reaction score
Ed & Gene is a really common Dew and usually can be bought for $10 or less. And that goes for the several versions of it. The Filled by One That's Able, Says Mabel is probably a $15-$20 bottle and was bottled in Greenville, NC. As for the 9 bottles with no names...wouldn't pay no more than $20-$25 for them all. That is unless they have a town name on the back, a moon Willie, or various other hard to find variations.

So there is a book value of about $157 there but I wouldn't give anything close to that.

And if you don't want the Able/Mabel I'd gladly pay up to $20 for it if its in good condition. I stay about 20 minutes from Greenville.

cherise

Reaction score
thanks for the input everyone....the guy doesnt want to split the lot up, so i was just thinking of using the others for trade for other dew bottles...i will keep you posted of the outcome....not to sure if he will deal on the price though....

cherise

Reaction score
got them for 110 for the lot and the "Filled by One That's Able, Says Mabel."

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter