Help with whiskey bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dale

Reaction score
I had posted these bottles about six months ago to try to get a price on them and got no replies. And now i have someone that is interested in buying them and i would like to know what a fair price would be. The one on the left is a Leven R. Gerrett & Sons and stands 11 1/2" tall and the Roth & Co. stands 11 3/4". They both have inside screw threads.
Thanks,
Dale

Ro41847.jpg

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Dale ,
I can't really give you a value on your bottles . I know a Roth mold variant in an applied glob top brings several hundred dollars. Yours being a tooled top ...it's not near as valuable. But , it is quite ornate ..... good looking bottle ! The other bottle I have never seen before....But , I would say it probably is a Whiskey also , because of the inside threaded lip. Any other embossing on the bottle ?
Are they damage free ? And what is your asking price on the pair ?
Thanks , Brian

Dale

Reaction score
HI, Brian Both bottles are very good shape. The Gerrett has some inside stains but thats all, as for price ???? thats why i am posting them, i have a guy wanting too buy them. P.S. there is no other embossing on the bottles. Thanks Dale

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi , I just emailed Ralph VanBroklin and he said 15.00 to 20.00 on the Roth. And he didn't know anything about the other.
Townsends is refering to a applied glob top with the monogram at 200.00 I believe. Kovel's again , with no description !

Dale

Reaction score
Hi dr.townsend and welcome to the forum. I have Kovels 11th ed and it has one in a fifth for 415.00 so there must be alot of variations of this bottle does the 12th ed say its a Full Quart and San Francisco, Cal.? thanks dale

dr.townsend

Reaction score
Yes, hillbilly is right about about the applied mouth being the 200.00$ variation. 12th edition says Roth&co, sanfransisco,amber,bubbles,monogram,11.75 inches 24.00$ also a roth&co, sanfransisco,emblem, tooled top,fifth, 66.$ couldnt find your other bottle in any of my books.

Dale

Reaction score
Thanks Brian, I didnt want to give it away,and I didnt want to be to high either. what part of Tennessee do you live in? I had some relatives that lived in white co.Tenn. in the 1600s thanks Dale

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Dale ,
I live right next door in Cumberland County.....just up the mountain from White.
What was the family name ? Scotts ???? Brian

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles