Helperin Bottling Works??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtoit

Reaction score
I found a bottle that has "The Helperin Bottling Works" in the center circle below that is a lion dancing with a bottle and the words "Trade Mark". Below this it says South Porcupine Ont. Despite googling the bottling company I haven't been able to find anything out about the bottle or the company. The bottle is a very light aqua, the embossing is in excellent shape. The side seams go to the top of the bottle on one side but not the other. The top was broken off but appears it might have been a crown top. I have to clean the inside of the bottle before pictures will turn out. Does anyone know anything about this company???
Thanks
Debbie

Bixel

Reaction score
Yup, according to Glen's book, he has "The Helperin Bottling Works" listed for the year of 1916 as operation. He also has Louis Helperin as 1914-1919, M. Helperin as 1919, and S. Helperin as 1919.

Most likely a family operation, and I would suspect that the Helperin bottlng works probably ran from 1914-1919, but the 1916 may have been when they started calling it by that.

I cant really give much more info other than that.

Newtoit

Reaction score
Thanks Bixel. I'll post a pic when I get it clean enough for the embossing to show up. We're under a snowfall warning today so I'll hopefully get it done.
Thanks
Debbie

Lary Rappaport

Reaction score
I can answer your question.
I am not a collector. However, my mother was a Helperin.
Louis Helperin was my grandfather. My mother was born in Timmins, ON in 1922. She used to tell me that her father owned a hotel in Timmins, had a natural spring on the property and used to bottle drinks. According to my uncle, S. Helperin was his grandfather (my great-grandgfather) and M. Helperin was his uncle.
I stumbled across your post while Googling my mother's maiden name. Needless to say, I was excited to learn of a bottle from "Helperin Bottling Works." My uncle, who is one of only two surviving children of Louis Helperin, is even more excited. I can't wait to see the photo when you post it. I also would be very interested in purchasing the bottle should you decide to sell it. WHile I am not a bottle collector, it would have value to me as a family artifact.
Lary Rappaport
Los Angeles, CA

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960