Hetherington

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Graciebug5507

Reaction score
i have a green Hetherington poison bottle i want to sell 50 dollars

jerry2143

Reaction score
Hi, I need too know too know the condition of the bottle. If the bottle does not have any chips,cracks,dings,bruises or bad scratches I will buy it. I need some pictures of the bottle first. I also need too know what is embossed on the base of the bottle plus the number that is stamped on the base. Send information and pictures too e-mail address mmcculloch@triad.rr.com along with your e-mail address and I will get back too you! Thanks for your time in this matter!

Graciebug5507

Reaction score
do you think i would really sellthis bottle for fifty dollars when i sold the same one last year for 1,400 and the blue book is like 3,500 . i knew people werent honest here

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Honestly, I had no idea what it is, still don't. I wanted a pic so I knew what you were talking about. Usually people who want to sell things put pix up so others can look at the condition and get a better look at it. Just helping the process along is all.

But now that I searched the name, I now know it's a KI-2. Wouldn't have mattered how much it's worth, I dont have a pot to piss in, $5 is almost out of my range right now.

Jim

Reaction score
I do not see any point in posting a false offer like this. If you know what you have and what you want for it, put up some good pictures and your real asking price, or simply ask for offers. If you don't like any of the offers, you don't have to sell. It is as simple as that. Making a bogus offer, and then accusing others of dishonesty for being interested in a bottle at a price that YOU set serves no purpose other than to incite trouble and aggravation. Any time a bottle, or anything of value, is offered anywhere for a cheap price, it will be snapped up quickly. It is not dishonest to accept an offer when the seller sets the price beforehand. If a seller wants to set a price as opposed to taking offers, they should do their own research and get educated before offering it out. ~Jim

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I thought the same thing last night, Jim. It bugged me to no end. If a question about the ID and value of the bottle was asked, a fair assessment would have been given. But a set price was offered. The only dishonesty was that of the offer.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Graciebug has been here before, under the name new york 80. Back in '06 he "contributed" this https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-62207/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#62207 and was aptly and promptly answered by our very own Jim.

I asked you in another thread about your history here, Graciebug. You have littered the boards with your Golden Thimble requests, again and again.

do you think i would really sellthis bottle for fifty dollars when i sold the same one last year for 1,400 and the blue book is like 3,500 . i knew people werent honest here

You've done nothing but repeatedly ask the same questions, all over the place. Questions that have been asked and answered here. To now be playing this kind of game is the heighth of disrespect.

119616_front200.jpg

Graciebug5507

Reaction score
this forum is full of crooks and you know it i have never met an honest bottle collector in my life

appliedlips

Reaction score
http://www.rtam.com/agg/cgi-bin/SHOWITEM.CGI LOT # 171

Here is a smaller size John Pastor just sold in his last auction. Both or the irregular hexes went cheap, I wish I had bid even though poisons don't do much for me.

As far as this joker, don't you have something else better to do with your time? It is not dishonest to pay someone what they ask. Hell, if I seen you and your bottle at a flea market marked $50 I'd ask if you can do any better on it. Why? Simply because I want to pay the least I can for any item I purchase not because I am dishonest. If you asked me what it was worth I'd give you my best honest answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson