hey epackage

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
looks like a bubble to me also, it would be neat to know for sure. The high bidder certainly does buy some nice stuff, a pretty heavy hitter. If you find out it is a just a bubble, you should have the upper hand on him. I just assumed it was a crack due to the description, some pretty good eyes on the forum....Bill

epackage

Reaction score
Here's what he just described to me, doesn't sound like a bubble to me....

I checked the bottle again and I can either describe it as a crack or flaw in the glass. My nail doesn't feel it on the top rim or outside but it is a sharp indentation on the inside with a very small amount of glass missing.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

doesn't sound like a bubble to me....
My nail doesn't feel it on the top rim or outside but it is a sharp indentation on the inside with a very small amount of glass missing.
It sounds just like a burst bubble to me.
I'm worried that it may be a flash that doesn't extend to the outside of the neck and it could be something that grows in the future, I doubt that I'll be a bidder now...

epackage

Reaction score
If it is a crack or flash I don't want it delivered in these sub zero temps either....[;)]

epackage

Reaction score
I took a shot but I was beat out, kinda glad because the damage had me concerned, it went for $67.66 to a yet unknown bidder who's not a Paterson regular...

justanolddigger

Reaction score
His name is mark, medbott , from Maine, a general bottle collector, collects whatever catches his eye, & good guy, pretty much another heavy hitter....Bill

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: justanolddigger

His name is mark, medbott , from Maine, a general bottle collector, collects whatever catches his eye, & good guy, pretty much another heavy hitter....Bill
Thanks Bill...

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib