Hi Guys! A little help please...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a few days. Finally registered.

First question.... How do I contribute to the site? I've found a plethora of info here. I can't afford the books and price guides, but I can contribute a little.

Second question.... I bought 3 boxes of bottles at a yard sale the other day and while I'd love to give each and every one of them a home, I am strapped and really need to sell them. I sold one on EBay and I have a lot on there now I really didn't know how to list or describe them. They will go for what ever they go for, but I would like to get what I can for the rest. My question is .. Would it be ok if I posted some pictures and maybe y'all could help me out? You might even see something you like.

Third question.... Would it be better if I separated them by color or style? Or should I just post a couple of pictures of them all and let you tell me?

There are wine, beer and whiskey. Medicines and inks. Lots of colors. Greens, aquas, a couple of teals. One that I think is black glass. I was told that i missed the cobalts.

By the way, the user name Wonder Woman is irony at its finest.

Thanks in advance for your help.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
First question.... How do I contribute to the site? I've found a plethora of info here. I can't afford the books and price guides, but I can contribute a little.
ORIGINAL: Wonder Woman

I've been lurking here for a few days. Finally registered.

Second question.... I bought 3 boxes of bottles at a yard sale the other day and while I'd love to give each and every one of them a home, I am strapped and really need to sell them. I sold one on EBay and I have a lot on there now I really didn't know how to list or describe them. They will go for what ever they go for, but I would like to get what I can for the rest. My question is .. Would it be ok if I posted some pictures and maybe y'all could help me out? You might even see something you like.

Third question.... Would it be better if I separated them by color or style? Or should I just post a couple of pictures of them all and let you tell me?

There are wine, beer and whiskey. Medicines and inks. Lots of colors. Greens, aquas, a couple of teals. One that I think is black glass. I was told that i missed the cobalts.

By the way, the user name Wonder Woman is irony at its finest.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Welcome aboard Alice
First answer, don't worry about it now, take it for a test drive. There is a donate button on top but it requires a CC, no checks or cash. Thanks for that consideration so early on though.

Would it be ok if I posted some pictures and maybe y'all could help me out?
Second answer, ABSOLUTELY, that would go a long way in helping or maybe pointing you in the right direction.

Third answer kind of like the second. I think if your good with a camera a group shot (or maybe a few) might be in order. Many here should be able to suggest what may be just destined for the recycle bin at first glance. Please don't take offense at that should it happen though.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Wonder. Cows is right. We'd be happy to help you. It might be smart to know what you have before listing things on the bay because some items have no value at all. (But I suppose ebay is not charging listing fees right now).

When you list an item fill in as much detail as you can. Put every bit of embossing that you can fit into the text and title because that how searchers will find it.

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
Thanks Eric,

I'd appreciate the truth. I'm sure I have nothing spectacular, but they are pretty neat. If they're no good I'll just throw them in the privy. I'll take some pictures in the morning. I tried to post the picture that I have of the ones on eBay. Can't figure out how to do that from the iPad yet.

This is the EBay item # if you'd like to look. 281059542258.

These few bottles are not a true representation of the lot.

Thanks

Alice

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Brass letters I can't help you with but they're nice.
If they're no good I'll just throw them in the privy
There are more than a few diggers here that will be happy to dig then back up in XX years (if they aren't too old). [:D][:D][:D]
If not them, someone.[:)]

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
Wrong number huh? The letters are doing well though. I paid 50 cent for them.

Maybe this will work better.

Thanks bbb. Sorry but I just couldn't bring myself to call you blob. You're right about that. That's why I stopped when I found this forum.

Thanks
Alice

treasurekidd

Reaction score
Here's the picture and description from her auction. I don't know anything about that Knorr bottle from Detriot, but the rest are all fairly common ones. Nice looking lot though, and nicely arranged pictures too. Welcome to the forum WW!

1 C.E. Johnson & Company / Chicago

1 Chamberlain's Colic Cholera and Diarrhea Remedy

1 unmarked ink bottle

1 Sanford's ink bottle

1 Dr. D. Jayne's Tonic Vermifuge 242 Chest St Phila

1 Knorrs Genuine Hien Fong Essence Detroit Mich

D1A2E30134FC46748EC6ECF5605617FC.jpg

Attachments

• D1A2E30134FC46748EC6ECF5605617FC.jpg
    D1A2E30134FC46748EC6ECF5605617FC.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 72

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
Thank you for that. I just picked these because they were small and all aqua. If they stay where they are they will more more than pay for all 3 boxes. The man said they were left to him by his uncle and he was tired of dusting them. :(

There is one really tall 14" teal bottle (wine i guess) that is really pretty. Just about all of them need cleaning. I believe most of them were dug around Chicago. I'm really smitten with them. Very few chips or cracks in any of them. I wish that I could see them clean. There is only one coca cola bottle. For awhile I actually lived about a mile and a half from Biedenharn's house in West Monroe and worked as a temp for a couple of days at their bottling plant in Monroe, la. Lots of really cool old coke stuff in there.

Thanks
Alice

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
That's it.

These are all the embossed bottles.

FBB18E9B02654C2898E7CF7F81F4C55F.jpg

Attachments

• FBB18E9B02654C2898E7CF7F81F4C55F.jpg
    FBB18E9B02654C2898E7CF7F81F4C55F.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 64

Members online