Hi Guys! A little help please...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello and welcome Alice, Some of these in this last picture seem to have flaired lips. If there is no seam on those finishes, you might see circular marks going around them. This would mean that they were hand formed finishes, done with a tool. You have to learn what pontil marks on the bottom of hand blown bottles look like. These two factors add value to those that have been hand blown bottles. RED Matthews

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Wonder woman, go down on this AB-N FORUM page of postings to "aqua pontiled bottles? posted on 2/6/2013 @ 9:18:40 - AND you will see what pontil marks look like in that thread. RED Matthews

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've been doing a lot of studying and I hope some learning. I tip my hat to all you privy divers. You've got more nerve than I do. I can see how this gets in your blood. I have to stop looking at the bottles on eBay so much. I've started wanting to buy them.

Mr Red, I especially enjoyed your site. Very interesting stuff. Thank you so much.

Alice

GACDIG

Reaction score
Welcome Alice to A-BN. It sounds like it is already to late, You'r hooked by the bottle. Buy, Sell, Dig and enjoy.[:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter