Highest youve paid for a bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
I have bottles I spent thousands on and bottles that cost me $20 granted they were a super deal at $20 I have lots of bottles I have dug, and dug many more that I have sold for thousands of dollars. And used that money to buy bottles I wanted. Some bottles I have overpaid for just because I really wanted them. Others I got dirt cheap. But when you look at the big picture. I have put together a great collection that I am happy with. If I ever plan to sell them I'm sure I will do well. But until that time I plan to keep adding as much to the collection as I can and just plain enjoying my bottles for their history and beautiful glass.

Chris

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
The most I've paid for a bottle was $60 for a blue Lomax hutch from Chicago. 2nd place is for a $12 Attic mint Northwestern brewery from Chicago. Such a big jump...[;)]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I was expecting to see more in the thousands and less of the under $10 postings. I bought a colored hutch from Wisconsin for $1,000, and another for $760. I bid a thousand for a third one but the seller renigged on it (that's another story).

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Chris (BALTBOTTLES)
I agree with everthing you said. Nice comments. And from what I've seen of it, you have a spectacularly gorgeous collection.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Brandons Bottles

The most I've paid for a bottle was $60 for a blue Lomax hutch from Chicago. 2nd place is for a $12 Attic mint Northwestern brewery from Chicago. Such a big jump...[;)]

those Lomax s are up to 100 or more,at least the last time I looked

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: Brandons Bottles

those Lomax s are up to 100 or more,at least the last time I looked

I found out that an unembossed cobalt blue hutch is even worth $50 as it is. I forgot where I saw that, but I thought that was cool. This bottle is probably my favorite, but I'm not sure if it's my most valuable. In mint, they usually go for around $120 buy it nows on ebay, but I've never seen one bought. [8|]

beith_2005

Reaction score
The most I've spend on a single bottle is $600. Its like this you can't take it with you (money) so you might as well enjoy while your here.

splante

Reaction score
out of my range $20.00 so far havnt found one I wanted that bad yet...but they are out there.....

botlguy

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would be shy about revealing how much they paid for a bottle except it often appears that they are bragging. I am not bragging, I don't look at it that way, just means I was blessed to have that kind of disposable funds. I have always been a working stiff with good fortune and good money management skills. I've stayed out of trouble.

I paid $3,000 cash for a MINT Yellow Green 6-log DRAKE'S PLANTATION BITTERS. Sold it for $3,200 when I sold all my BITTERS. Really, $3,000 is not a lot if you are a serious BITTERS collector.

I once paid $10,000 for a rather large bottle collection, got my money back in 2 months, made a very good profit on others and was able to keep what I wanted, still have a $3,000 - $4,000 piece from that purchase.

Like I said, that doesn't make me better or worse than anyone else, just more blessed than some. On the other hand, I have dug probably thousands of bottles, the most valuable some $200 (now, then $25) local, Santa Ana, Cal. hutches. I would have enjoyed digging ANYTHING pontiled, even a puff or slick. At 73 and living in the frozen North I would enjoy being able to dig ANY bottle.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn