"Highlights" of my collection.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
It depends. Are you good with keeping straight lines? How much is to highlight? Will you need to "color" it (go over/scribble multiple times,) or can you go over it once? I spent a few hours doing all of those and others, and today I did several insulators and one milk. I'd say 5-10 minutes for one. It's worth it, Dylan.

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Well I have a ton of bottles compared to that picture. I can do everything you said above and I really like that gold color but I think white would be better. Thanks for your response and where did you get your paint stick?

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I have more. I only did half of what's in my room, and it isn't hard. I recommend doing it--and it isn't paint. I used a golden calligraphy pen-marker that will come off if I wipe it-- I got it at a place called Hobby Lobby. They had other colors, so you're in luck.
Thanks for the compliment, and I'd have done white if I had any. Good luck and show us what you do!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Oh yeah a marker not paint. I have about oh boy umm 100 bottles and only a few of them don't have embossing. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I would post a lot of pics on this forum but ever since I got my new laptop I can't get pics to upload right on here.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Do you use a camera-camera? Or your lap-top? Either way, might it be a size issue?
I'm trying to get my ACL collection to grow-- like Leon, I like color.
Just don't rush, and they'll look superb! Good luck and have fun. I want more to do-- it's fun.

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I use a camera and yes it always says file too large. Ill try and figure it out and get some pics up. May be a while though. Thanks!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Go to Microsoft Paint or whatever feature you have. Go to Image, Resize/Skew, then change it from 100 to 30 in the first option (both parts of option one.) If still to big, move that down to 80. Re-save after each re-sizing attempt. If it doesn't work, PM me and I'll do it if you email me them.

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks man! I never tried that before! Thanks!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
An unhighlighted bottle and my newest Hutch: Listed in Hutchbook as Rare.

Attachments

• c25a21a023e34231ab4adfe584ee241d.jpg
    c25a21a023e34231ab4adfe584ee241d.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 9941e497926a43899d101de65809dd1b.jpg
    9941e497926a43899d101de65809dd1b.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 105

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Bob; Now I know how you did my Birthday Bottle. Thanks my friend - that is the first bottle I have received for a birthday gift. Smiles as I look at on top of my Dell now. Your unique in my thoughts. We are starting to pack for migration to NY. My wife and daughters - won't let me drive - so my daughter is doing it. Oh well - things get ugly when one gets old. The blob top is now in my black glass shelf area. Nice specimen. I unpacked another box yesterday, and found two bottles my Grand Mother had given me when when I was about twelve yers old. One is a clear glass cosmetic that has the side wall all covered with raised rose blooms. It was made in a two part mold - and the mold maker had to place the flowers so the mold would release them. The seam goes across the bottom and the neck was tooled with a glass bead to fit in a pushed on cap. This tells me it is over a hundred years old. She also gave me an old ink well - one inch x one inch with a round hobnailed bottom and a brass ball closure cap. I have never seen another of either one of these special items in my collection. RED M.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973