Hit a pontilled hole, need to secure better permission

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

heavy

Reaction score
I returned to the Resturant/Saloon lot I dug two years ago and hit a pontilled hole on saturday and then proceeded to talk to the tenants to let them know I was digging. They asked if I had spoken to the landlord and I said yes, last time I dug the landlord said it was OK (he stopped by after we had dug). SO I proceeded to dig and when I was down about 6 feet, the tenant comes out and say " Are you serious, I didnt think it would be such a big operation " then he said " Did you talk to the landlord before you dug this time " and I said no. I dont think he liked that, but anyways he left to go do some errands.

By the time he came back I had filled the hole and cleaned up well(he was pleased) but I am not sure if he wants me to dig again. This lot is killer !!! Its 1850s and there's probably 5 more pits there (resturant, saloon, and dwelling pits!!!!).

Before I dig again I feel that I should contact the landlord ( but the person I talked to was a guy and he referred to the landlord as a women) so I would like to avoid contacting the landlord and leave it as a last resort.

I was thinking about bringing the tenants a poted plant in thanks
for 'letting ' me dig. And then pop the question to dig again.

HE NEEDS TO BE SOFTENED (to the idea of digging), I dont want him to contact the landlord who may have changed their mind !!

Any other ideas ???

oh yeah, the hole was kinda a burn, of course the heavies were broken(black glass Hostetters, green cathedral pickle) only whole bottles were a o.p. Nerve and Bone LinAment, some blacks, and some random utilities.

the 1870s hole on this lot should be K I L L E R

thanks

IRISH

Reaction score
A slab of beer often works, or a bottle of whiskey [;)] . I would be working on the tenant until/if he says NO, then ask the landlord and you have nothing to lose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28