Ho - Ho - Ho... The gift of glass part 2

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hello everyone -
This is the large present to myself for Christmas. It is an early kidney form (shaped) demijohn. It was cloudy and raining today when I took these photos. The color is a bit off, because it is a lighter olive green than pictured. It has a lot more whittle than it appears here, as well. I thought it was a steal at only $17.50 (+ $15 for S&H)!!! [:)]

Ig13733.jpg

Attachments

• Ig13733.jpg
    Ig13733.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 60

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Here's a shot of the bottom and the razor sharp pontil mark. This vessel has become my favorite. It makes me say WOW every time I pass by it.

Rp43689.jpg

Attachments

• Rp43689.jpg
    Rp43689.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 60

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Great Demijohn Meech !
I'd say you stole it ! Jeff Noordsy has one comparible to yours in shape/color/size on his website for sale for 500.00 range.
And I have seen this shape/size/color/crudity Demijohns bring in the 200.00+ range myself.
What did you get me for Xmas ? LOL
But , seriously GREAT find and purchase !
Brian

bearswede

Reaction score
Nice one, Meech!!!

Can I have the name and address of the seller...? I need to steal... I mean buy myself another Christmas present...

Feliz Navidad!

Ron

Bluebelle

Reaction score
Breathtaking! Spellbinding! The kind of glass that would make me just want to sit and look at it, and stroke its cool surface. Thanks for posting it.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. [:)]

Brian S. - It is comparible, but in many ways it is very different. I can't find one anywhere online, auction catalogs, books, etc. that looks like it or with info. about it. I need to take some better pics of it and hopefully I'll find more on it as time goes by. I can't afford the types of bottles that you'd like for Christmas. [:D] I'm always looking for them for myself though.

Taz - I emailed Harry ( he won't come back here so I talk to him through other venues) and he loved it (and the scent bottle).

Ron - It was a consignment auction company and a one of a kind find.

Bluebelle - My wife and I bought each other a new sofa for Christmas, that was delivered two hours after I got the demi. I asked her how I could make her mad for the evening. She asked "why"? I said "Because I wanted to be punnished/banned and sleep on the new sofa hugging and sleeping with my demijohn." [:D]

Slimdigger - I am lucky. Lucky to have you as a digging partner, but not lucky enough to dig up a nest of these demijohns[:-].

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
This is another one that I picked up around Thanksgiving (a month ago or so). Although not as nice and as early as the demi above, I did and I swear, picked it up at The Richmond Big Flea, on the last day for only $5.00. I haven't ripped the wicker away yet, but I'm really thinking about doing it. What's your vote?

PS- I think it's about 20"+ high (It's outside and cold or I'd check) and holds approx. 5 galllons.

Ge95266.gif

Attachments

• Ge95266.gif
    Ge95266.gif
    215 KB · Views: 62

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday