Hollywood Whiskey

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone could check a bottle out I inadvertently posted under the "After 1900" category for a hollywood whiskey bottle heres another picture, it has a tooled neck and applied lip so I'm pretty sure it's pre 1900, I think its a New York bottle but don't know much else about it.

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
SAys" Hollywood
Whiskey
One Quart"

Yw68674.jpg

Attachments

• Yw68674.jpg
    Yw68674.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 135

monalisa

Reaction score
Hi All, Mike from Maine. I just recently found the same bottle here in Skowhegan Maine, backyard find. Thanks for the info, if I find anything else about it I will sure post it. Thanks again, Be Careful diggin, Mike

Oldtimer

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: monalisa

Hi All, Mike from Maine. I just recently found the same bottle here in Skowhegan Maine, backyard find. Thanks for the info, if I find anything else about it I will sure post it. Thanks again, Be Careful diggin, Mike

A SKOW-VEGAS digger? Sweeet! How's tricks in 'vegas?
Gotta GOTTA be some sweeeeet digging up there in the woods...every old farm is a potential gold mine!!

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Yes, this is a NYC whiskey. Listed as The Hollywood Company, at 47 Broadway. Wholesale Liquor Dealer. I have seen both applied and tooled tops on examples. Colors range from light amber/golden/honey amber to very dark ambers.

broiler

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this forum and pretty new to bottle collecting. I have collected many of these hollywood whiskey bottles over the last year, some with labels but most without. From what i gather this whiskey was made by the hollywood company which was owned by the Fliess family. They were most popular in the 1890s under the direction of William M Fliess. He appears to be involved with the union league and was a member of the original commitee of seventy in NYC which was a government watchdog group. However he was caught up in a scandal involving a police captain Alexander Williams and was accused of giving him large sums of money. I am very interested in these bottles, particularly ones with labels that with a connection to hotels or restaurants if anyone has any.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MotherMayhem