HOLY SMOKES! A mind blowing Cathedral Pickle collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I wonder if he'll get to the 17000? I've seen this with inks. Someone buys a collection and puts them all up at once. Instead of getting top $ for each bottle, they struggle, with some doing about what you'd expect and some not going anywhere. I've picked off a few relative bargains under those circumstances. To get really top $ for a bottle, you need a couple of collectors really going for it. But most of us can't go strongly for 6 bottles at once.

I'm betting the bottom line is disappointing here.

In his shoes, I think I would have pieced these out two or three at a time. Someone did that last year with a big grouping of umbrella inks and did pretty well on most of them.

Jim G

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
The pickles are still fickle but made some progress at $12,722.15 total for all items as of 5 minutes ago.A mad rush at the end on the rare stuff could easily ad 2500 or 3000.00 to the total. There is 1 day 4 hrs on the first listing to end and 1 day 6 hours on the last listed item still time to ad a few thousand.

Stardust

Reaction score
Hey Jamie ~ What one do you want me to get for you sweetie? lol lets all dream
on and pick our pickles ~ [;)] Sure would love one [;)] Oh picklesticks ~ [:D]

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GLOPTOP

Hello Jamie ( glass man ). Yes, the large Willington pickles are about 5" wide at the base, but, until you see one in person, hard to believe what a large chunk of glass they are. If you compare them with any other square pickle mold, you will see that they are much wider in size. In each of the three basic sizes, each one is a little "squattier", with wider mouths, than their counterparts in other square molds.

GLOPTOP
[/quot

I THANK YOU ..AS WELL STEVE AND ERIC...I know many have differences over color...but the bottle does not seem dark green..not out to knock it and I know until you have a bottle in your hands it is hard to tell sometimes..Though I have collected bottles since 1974..I didn't get into cathedral bottles till the 90s and no I have never seen a Willington pickle in person[maybe one day...just not that many cathedral pickles period turn up around the South where I live]..but have seen plenty of cathedral pickles in pictures and willington ones and have had a few regular cathedral pickles/peppersauce bottles...down to one 7 1/2 inch o.p. cathedral pickle that I was told was dug in or near Charleston S.C. It is 2 1/2 at the base a little wider then other 7 1/2 cathedral pickles I have had...but easy to tell it is not wide enough to be a Willington..oh how I wish it was!

The most beautiful bottle I have ever seen was at a SAV. GA. show .A man had a huge cathedral aqua pickle that looked to be 5 galleon...maybe not quite that big but was far larger then any I have ever had or seen!The man said he had been offered $7,000 for it and turned it down..if I was a rich man I would have not left without that mint bottle!I was so stunned I didn't even think to ask if it was pontiled..of course we did not have a camera with us![:mad:]WOW WEHAT A GREAT MEMORY IT WAS!!JAMIE

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hi Jamie,the Beatles kids may be forming a group did you see this http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/04/03/jame-mccartney-the-beatles-the-next-generation/
Total bids now at $12,789.15 It inching ever so closer to 13,000.00 with less then 23 hours to go on the first listed and 25 hrs on the last few.

glass man

Reaction score
THANK YOU THANK YOU STEVE!!Strange just awhile back Nina and I were talking about how cool it would be if the Beatle kids did somen like this!!

Also they are doing Hologram tours...one of which is JIMI HENDRIX...they are supposed to be pretty cool..glad I got to see JIMI live..that just can't be beat!!JAMIE

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
It is now up to $13214.65 total bids and still 25 of the 56 lots are not bid on as of a few moments ago. 22 to 24 hrs to go. Ill say by morning in the east 8:00 oclock that the total will be near 14000.00 with a big snipe spike occurring in the final 20 seconds shooting it past 17100.00 Does anyone else have a thought as to the final price for all items listed. My guess is 17400.00

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Total now at 13422.65 there are 24 lots still not bid on and if you total up the minimum bids on each of them you come up with 4790.00. Its going to be interesting to see if the big ticket items explode with bids.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Total sales up to $14,183.14 up 700.00 dollars First listing is ending in 6 and a half hours last item ending 8 hours fifteen minutes. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Bottles-Insulators-/29797/i.html?nma=true&item=320899828111&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&si=LLq3%252FTNf9imSMveaasw9DLz0LHU%253D&autorefresh=true&hash=item4ab71ec98f&_ssn=flantiqueart2

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Total bids now at 14722.95 up another 400.00 since the last update. There are still 24 lots not bid on.Three and a half hours to go on the first lot listed five and a half hours on the very last listed lot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikis1981