HOLY SMOKES! A mind blowing Cathedral Pickle collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
There are several KILLER pickles in that lot. Lot 32 IS a Willington (that $44k thing), although badly damaged. The damage sounds very similar to the one just sold at American Bottle Auctions for a little over 2k. My favorite of the lot is #31, the stoddard clover-leaf.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
If they don't meet the reserve the seller says they'd consider offers on individual ones. There are two i'd love to have, the W.D. Smiths. I have a teal one like #47 but that emerald green one is super.

I'm suprised to see such an incredible group show up on the bay, I wonder if they ever considered one of the auction houses first. A fun auction to watch for sure.

~Tim

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
They did contact Ferdinand over at PRG first. I imagine he gave the owner a realistic idea of the value. I was very surprised to see it in a lot rather then pieced out too. I imagine if the reserve is realistic for the lot, a dealer should have NO problem selling them off rather quickly. Or it would be a pretty nice starter collection if your just getting into pickles.[;)]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]I AM STARTING A NEW LIFE AFTER A DIVORCE.[/font]
The persons is lucky to get them in some states if it's a guy, it could pay alimony for a few years.[:mad:][:mad:]
Even then she may get half.[:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]
Why can't married couples just agree that they no longer agree and be happy?[8|]

GLOPTOP

Reaction score
Hey "justanoldigger", since you are from Michigan, do you have any info. on a cathedral pickle from Detroit, circa. 1850's, embossed "ROWE & CO." on the shoulder? I live in California and have had little luck in trying to research this company.

GLOPTOP

Stardust

Reaction score
Who knows what anyone writes on ebay if it is the truth in the first place..., but the collection is areal beauty and he has a website for those who want a better l@@k. Just leave him your email. I think this may be an bait and switch deal that leads you to his website where they finally sell. Just my feelings...

Sure would be nice to have one though. [8D] maybe one day [;)]

bottle_head9

Reaction score
I can see now that my guess was way low.I have no idea how much its worth, but its a lot...[8|]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese