honey Amber lightning

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

scottr

Reaction score
I cam across a old light yellow brown lightning canning jars the lid looks the same color as the jar . any input

scottr

Reaction score
Are they hard to find ? Are they valuable I don't have a pic right this min. I changed phones

icollectfruitjars

Reaction score
It depends on what hue of amber. Really light to yellow are very good. Pints are better than quarts. Condition is key too.

scottr

Reaction score
I will put a pic on tomorrow but the glass looks real wavey. Never seen a jar look like that.

botlguy

Reaction score
When you say wavy it makes me think "Whittled". Then it could be "Hammer Whittled". Value goes up on the latter. Phil is correct, the hue or density or shade of amber has a HUGE effect (or is it Affect) on value. Show us a few pictures in indirect natural sunlight and we should be able to help more. (I'm not sure your phone can do the job) Were waiting anxiously. Jim

scottr

Reaction score
The glass looks different then brown glass it doesn't look cracked just wavy kinda like heat waves coming off a road .lol if you know what I'm trying to say

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
An amber Trademark Lightning with no special characteristics will bring maybe $40-$50. What you're describing could be worth substantially more because of: 1. the lighter color - the lighter (or more unusual the color) the better, and 2. the wavy glass - anything that makes it eye-catching such as whittle, waves, color variations, bubbles - adds to the value. If it's as good as you say, maybe $100+. Needless to say, a photo would help a lot. -Tammy

scottr

Reaction score
It says Putnam 375 on the bottom it want let me upload pic

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause