Honey Hole#3

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Robert, Very nice finds out in Texas. Looks like a great dig site. Today I dug up a very nice hutch stopper and a chain. [see pic][sm=lol.gif] Well my wife really found them. [8|] All I dug up were rocks and bricks. [&o] Now my wife says shes not taking credit for them. [:mad:]Oh well maybe next week. Keep on diggin.

Sq47688.jpg

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Robert, what is the ornate brass piece? Nice haul![:D] Kelley

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Nice finds Capsoda! Hopefully ya'll can locate the bottle that went with that stopper. That's definitely a sign of better things to come. Good luck! Robert

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Gunsmoke, I'm still trying to figure that one out. At first glance, I thought it might be another ornate drawer pull. It's not. It could possibly be a uniform piece or a crest of some sort. Haven't done any cleaning on it yet. You never know what kind of cool things you'll find in this place. Matter of fact, I'm going back today. Hopefully I'll find a bunch of goodies. Robert

NORG

Reaction score
Robert, the brass pieces could possibly be decals off a bed frame. I've dug similar pieces here in NL.

Rob

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Norg. It is missing part of the left side. I usually don't keep stuff like this, but you never know what you've got all the time. I'm still looking for that cobalt or emerald green drugstore bottle that lies at the bottom somewhere in this place. My heart tells me it's here somewhere and I'm getting closer I can feel it. Drugstores are my favorite finds for my collection. One of my goals in this hobby is to find a local colored drugstore. I will never give up until I reach some of my goals. Hopeful I will be able to show one soon. I have found pieces of three different specimens, all emerald green. Not enough embossing on either one to identify which pharmacy or city. Ya'll try to keep warm. I am going digging. High of 45-55 today. Take care. Robert

Dale

Reaction score
Owl Drug store

Here is a picture of the Owl drug store bottle.

Lj22081.jpg

Attachments

• Lj22081.jpg
    Lj22081.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 70

madman

Reaction score
hey bottle digger nice finds!! i find alot of unembossed stuff too, some i keep some go back, that poison is nice, as well as the pharmacy, right now there is 3 feet of snow on the dump and the ground is frozen. keep them pix comin mike

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Nice drugstore bottle. I can't say that I've seen that one before. Hopefully, I will find one soon. Didn't get to go out today. Sunday may be a different story. One day I will try to organize some of my drugstore bottles and others and get some photos. My shed is two full, my house is too small, and my kids are too clumsy. My 5 yr. old broke that Tichenor's I found today. Thank goodness it wasn't a better bottle. He threw a stuffed animal and whammo. Is that the only one you have found like that? They are fixing to do construction on a levee at the Lamar dump. It might be lost permanently. If you ever get any doubles of drugstores, I have some trades you might like. Robert

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Thanks Madman. Got down to about 14 degrees on Thursday. 19 on Wednesday. The groung is thawed now. We can pretty much dig year round. I personally like digging in cooler temps. Summer gets up to 100+ and takes lots of water and breaks. I am going to try and get a few hours in Sunday. Will mainly be cleaning out the huge cave-in I did at the end. I always knock down the top so my hole gets wider. I have some BIM Ohio sodas you could add to your collection if you want to pay the shipping. Robert

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson