How did you get your name?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Here is an interesting question. How did you pick your name for this forum? Everyone had interesting names, so I figured I'd ask. I'm sure there are some stories to go along with the names. I've heard a few.

bne74honda

Reaction score
Welllll.....I guess enuff time has passed that I can 'fess up to my name selection, RedGinger.

Eons ago, when I was a youth and wasting time, I earned a reputation for...uh....finding my way into other peoples places. So I was given the nickname BNE (B&E). Some time later I owned 4 1974 Honda 350cc motorcyles, so I added that and became bne74honda. No, I am NOT proud of a lot of what I did as a kid and believe me, I've paid my dues, but the name just seems right somehow.

So there it is.

Brian

ktbi

Reaction score
KTBI are the first name initials of my kids plus the first initial of my last name...How about yours RedGinger - you didn't say...Ron

phil44

Reaction score
I was just thinking about my decision to stay with the name assighned to me when I was logging on.

Phil is my name and I've always liked the # 44 because it was John Riggins' when he played for the Redskins. I thought why change 2 positives???

Road Dog

Reaction score
I have a 1969 Dodge Charger with 400,000 miles. Muscle Car Magazine called me Road Dog. Cuz, I drove it on the road so much.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well as a kid I was a red head. My first brother was a red head. My second brother had brown hair but if he grew a beard it was red. Now I'm old and don't even have much hair and what is there only has hints of red. As kids I was called Big Red because I was taller. My first brother was shorter but better looking. So he was just called Red. My second brother married my wife's sister and both families had two daughters. Go figure. Anyway we are a close family and my little woman and I have been together 57 years. She was a substitute for a blind date I had. That gal chickened out so my gal substituted. She was the one I had been looking for and six weeks later we were married.
That's the synopsis of it. Best to all of you, RED Matthews

RedGinger

Reaction score
KTBI, I just needed to pick a name to sign up, so I picked one for my hair (Red and Ginger) and there are ginger beer bottles, so I just went with this one.

77waystodeal3

Reaction score
I Thought About What To Make It For 77 min. So Figgered I'd Deal With It And Start With 77...........[:D]

tigue710

Reaction score
good question! I used to think Lobey was a politician, or maybe it had something to do with the cartoon lobey cat?

The 710 in my name comes from the Grateful Deads Address on Ashbury street in San Francisco, I am a dead head and toured with them for 10 years of my life.

Tigue is my middle name, it was part of my mothers fathers name, McTigue. McTigue means grandson of Tigue, and Tigue was the son of Brian Boru, the king of Ireland in the 11th century. So supposedly I am a direct descendant, but what Irish man isn't?!! Brian Boru is one of the greatest Irish folk hero's of all time as he rid the country of the Vikings, and was the only King or ruler ever to unite all of Ireland under one crown and ideal... So many Irish people claim a decent, and many claims are true! In fact O'Brian means son of Brian, and there are a lot of O'Brians out there!

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
Real original here. I am from Staunton, VA and my 1st name is Dan. That was simple. My email addy is a little bit more ingeneous. It's dantiques1 as I sell antiques and collectables and did I say my 1st name was Dan. Dantiques was taken so I added the 1 after it. Ebay screen name is dantiques111 as dantiques1 was taken and the number 111 has a special meaning to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973