How Do I Find Out?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I just find it completely odd that there's an old glasshouse located in Edinburg
I'm not finding that swiz. Do you have more info? Some glass makers made window glass and don't show in a lot of books, none that I own anyway.

swizzle

Reaction score
Look for Mt. Vernon Glass Works. I think thats one of the names it went by. Its on the border of Edinburg and the town of Greenfield. They made Saratogas, Cornicopias, Success to the RR and Umbrella inks.

wolffbp

Reaction score
I think you have your glass factory names somewhat confused. You are probably refering to Mt. Pleasant not Mt. Vernon. The Mt. Pleasant factory began operation after Oscar Granger took control of the Mt. Vernon operation from his brother Charles and moved it to Saratoga County, 1844(ish).

swizzle

Reaction score
All my info on it is on my other hard drive. I just switched towers. I'll do a search to see what I find. You may be right. Swiz

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I think you have your glass factory names somewhat confused. You are probably refering to Mt. Pleasant not Mt. Vernon. The Mt. Pleasant factory began operation after Oscar Granger took control of the Mt. Vernon operation from his brother Charles and moved it to Saratoga County, 1844(ish).
I agree and the original from 1810ish was out by Utica.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4