How do you say it in your state?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I had a roommate in college from Maryland, who pronounced "Baltimore" like "bomber"..

jane8851

Reaction score
Here in upstate NY we have Coxsackie (Cook sock ee) and Onesquethaw (Ness kit taw) and Hannacroix (Hanna croy).

dollarbill

Reaction score
Kah-ten-tah-teh which became Kane-tuck -ee cane-land .Then later Kentucky Which boarders Ohio another Indian name . Oh an the Welsh were here before the Spanish.They formed a tribe of there own called the Madoc in the 12th century Named after Primce Madoc of Wales .Just a little blue grass history .
bill

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

. And of course Provincetown, oooo don't go down there[:D]

Okay I know this is is bad taste, but did you hear about the guy who visited Provincetown? He dropped his wallet and kicked it all the way home.

RedGinger

Reaction score
BTW, President Obama is in! I'm so happy, I was crying. As for Baltimore, many pronounce it Bawlmore. It's weird in Berlin, NH, they pronounce it BER-lin and in Lebanon it's Lebanin, and in Charlotte Vermont it's called Char-Lot. Not Indian, but still interesting.

Stardust

Reaction score
Laur,
I cried too....
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
stardust [;)]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
How about when Prez Kennedy was shot?...(or am I showing my age? ) Joe

Things I'll never forget were i was when they happened. John Lennon, John Henry Bonham, the birth of the babygirl, two Space Shuttle fubar's, 9/11, and now the swearing in of the first black President. A monumentally momentous occasion. A truely wonderful day!
[/quote]

probe zilla

Reaction score
marylands eastern shore has many towns with indian names, as for the indians i think the largest tribe was the naticoke whick were Navajo

i live in a small town named wenona,
alot of rivers here have indian name, wicomico, manokin, Annemessex ,pocomoke ,monie, Chicamacomico ,

the word chesapeake is a indian word meaning big river or great river

JGUIS

Reaction score
Within 5 miles I have Moxahala, Shawnee and Saltillo, and here in town we have Oxawoosie Creek. Most people around here say Moxie instead of Moxahala (hayla), Shawnee is an easy one, and Oxawoosie Creek is now called sulphur creek, as the mining destroyed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday