how hard will a 50 state hutch project be

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PA Will

Reaction score
It's the Schramm & Schramm with the Horseshoe n two hutches. I gather it's one of the commoner ones but it's neat that it actually has hutches embossed on it.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
That's a nice pictoral one to have in there Will. Good luck on finishing it up! [:)]

~Tim

sodapops

Reaction score
I have a St Joe, Miss hutch, a chicago, West Virginia and a Key West Florida if anyone is interested.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Will,

You might want to consider this as a filler for Rhode Island which will be the toughest true hutch to get. Most folks have to settle for the gravitating stopper example putting a 50 state collection together because there just isn't enough of the hutches around and the demand is pretty high for them. Best of luck [:)]

~Tim

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Providence-RI-Hutch-Hutchinson-type-Soda-Rhode-Island-Mattews-pattent-stopper-/300768620065?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460734ee21

epackage

Reaction score
That's out of Dean's collection, it's his son selling some of his bottles. There was some nice stuff sold so far...

sodapops

Reaction score
This might be a good place to look for hutches, http://www.americanbottle.com/?x=29&y=14

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
The Hawaii hutches are getting pretty easy to find for $30-70 if they're common. If you go on youtube you can see some diggers pulling out dozens of them with backhoes and such. Hawaii was never dug much until now. I live in RI so I can personally vouch for the rarity of those hutches. There are four known RI bottlers that used hutches, and I've seen the "common" one (roughly 10 examples of the Sullivan Bros.) asking $1,200 and up. The McManus & Meade looks a lot nicer and goes for $2000+, and the Boyden and McCreedy are probably unique examples.

twowheelfan

Reaction score
i have one of those. im not convinced that that excelsior is a hutch. the guys from baltimore call them steamers and are kind of an exclusive ginger ale type of blob. i found mine with about 30 other of the same shape. maybe it was a universal type of form that could use either? i found only one bottle with the stopper in it and it was definately shaped a little different than the others. will post pisc of mine if interested sitting next to a bottle with a hutch stopper in it to compare.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2