how long has "3 in 1 Oil" been around??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
So my paw in law works for an engineering firm that build bridges, roads and various other small projects, hes retired from the DOTD (after 30 something yrs) and has various certifications, that are needed in some private sector jobs. so cpl days ago they were running a shallow water line, that he was apparently in rather close range, cuz he saw this lil beauty, sticking out of the ground! i say he mustve been close by because he cant see for squat, but grabbed the lil bottle, then gave an attempt to read the embossing! after he and his wife couldn't make out what the bottle said, they called me up to his house! hafta say it took me 10 min, moving the thing at diff angles before i made out "oil", then a 3, and finally figured out those were apostrophes in between each number and word! its an old 3 in 1 oil, corktop bottle! they ended up giving me the bottle, but im having difficulty putting a date on this bad boy?? also, whats the almost scaly wavy lines going throughout, from being in the ground or was it made that way? at first i thought they were cracks but they are just on the surface??
So my paw in law works for an engineering firm that build bridges, roads and various other small projects, hes retired from the DOTD (after 30 something yrs) and has various certifications, that are needed in some private sector jobs. so cpl days ago they were running a shallow water line, that he was apparently in rather close range, cuz he saw this lil beauty, sticking out of the ground! i say he mustve been close by because he cant see for squat, but grabbed the lil bottle, then gave an attempt to read the embossing! after he and his wife couldn't make out what the bottle said, they called me up to his house! hafta say it took me 10 min, moving the thing at diff angles before i made out "oil", then a 3, and finally figured out those were apostrophes in between each number and word! its an old 3 in 1 oil, corktop bottle! they ended up giving me the bottle, but im having difficulty putting a date on this bad boy?? also, whats the almost scaly wavy lines going throughout, from being in the ground or was it made that way? at first i thought they were cracks but they are just on the surface??
Another nice common bottle, I'd have to look but I have probably four different early styles of them. In a post here not long ago. The company had a contest to find the oldest bottle and somebody won.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis