Huge Bottle Dump at an Old Homesite

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
This video is from a while back, but it is really cool. It shows an old homesite and a huge bottle dump I found in the woods. There were some cool bottles there. Watch the video to see what I found!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZJxjwnjMXo

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Ryan,...welcome to the forum,....After watching your vid, I would say real old home to begin with,...added on to over the years, then lived in till the recent past....The dump may be the same situation,...new on top of old.... Thanks for sharing.

LC

Reaction score
Hello Ryan , and welcome to the forum . I watched your film clip , and I have to say I was very impressed with your presentation of your adventure , you did a really great job .

It looked like you found a variety of whiskey , soda and household misc, bottles from possibly the 30s , 40s , and 50s . Your amber bottle with the cap looked to be a whiskey bottle . Not sure if the cap was plastic, some of those bottles depending on age had a bakelite cap . The item you called a cup looked like a jelly jar to me . The first big bottle might have been a water or juice bottle . The one you called a shaker looked like a glue bottle to me . I could be wrong though . Again , welcome to the forum , and I hope you will find older dumps to dig in the future .

swizzle

Reaction score
That first bottle is most likely a water bottle. You'd fill it up and stick it in the ice box to get cold. You're in a good age for newer milks, ACL (Applied Color Label) Sodas and such. I have a water bottle that I bought at a yard sale that has a pic of a penguin on the bottle and another one I had had a waterfall. You might find something else like that as well but definitely dig deeper. Swiz

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Ryan, I agree with the above info and you definitely have a future as a producer of relic videos, I liked the magnifying glass special effects! Those 45's and other two digit numbers will help you date the layers of your dump. If you haven't seen it yet here's a website that will help you date a lot of the Owens Illinois bottles that you are finding:

http://www.sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/OwensIll_BLockhart.pdf

The leather top thing was the dauber top to the mucilage (glue) bottle. If there was a foundation on an 1889 map then there could well be some older stuff underneath or somewhere else. Those potato racks, like your using at the beach dump are the perfect tool for now. Maybe even a long handled one that has four tines would be good. Dig down and see if it gets older. Also if theres a lower spot dig in from there and see if it gets older. You also need some a small backpackso you can carry some good leather gloves, your rake, some padding to kneel on, water, gps, camera, whatever and you can use it to carry out some of the finds. Welcome to the forum!

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am planning on going back to this bottle dump a lot this Fall and into the Winter. I haven't really dug down yet, I have just been looking on the surface since the bottle dump is so huge. Thanks for the support and I will keep everyone updated once I get digging!

JUNKMAN1

Reaction score
On the first bottle looks like a water bottle that u would put water in and put in the fridge and the diamond shape on the bottom and the ridge on the side tells me that it was sold as vinagar by the spea's company . Try looking the web for spea's water bottle it should pull up they are very valuble. Please look over my spelling I'm on a blackberry let me know if this helps .

Reaction score
Are you talking about the big square bottle, or a different bottle? If it is a different bottle please tell me what time the bottle is at in the video. HH!

JUNKMAN1

Reaction score
Talkinking about the square bottle first in the video did you search for it on the web under speas water bottle let me know what u find thanks

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't find it. When I was in Lancaster, PA, I saw a bottle just like this one in an antique store for $18, but my bottle is in better condition so it's price is probably higher. Thanks, HH!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem