HUGE bottle purchase...(pics)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DONT44

Reaction score
Very nice collection of bottles. I to would like to know what you used to take the pictures and put them together like that.

Regards, Don

sodapops

Reaction score
Nice haul, specialy the Big Chief & First Aid. Cool bottles. BTW also like the photography give us a lesson. We want details.

epackage

Reaction score
I want to be the first to say it's nice to see someone nutty like myself who took the time to put them in ALPHABETICAL ORDER....Kudos for that !!! Jim

Great gets by the way[;)]

TJSJHART

Reaction score
anbother crazy joined us huh...well theres always room for more

simpleman

Reaction score
sodapops ~ DONT44 ~

Thanks for the photo compliments. I just experimented around to find a simple way of taking decent pics without alot of changing of camera settings, backgrounds, lighting etc. Im still workin on it, but these arent too bad for now.

Everyone has different software programs etc, so you may have to modify this process to some degree, but heres the photo method I used for these. I use a simple digital camera, set to "close up" & with "fill flash". Place the bottle approximately 2' from the camera. I used a white background(craft foam board). After taking the pics, I place the memory card in my computer. Choose which program to use to view the pics. I use "view with windows gallery". This allows me to crop the pics. I crop each pic to the same size. I then right click on the pic to open the pic file with "paint". From the "paint" program I can then save the pic file in jpeg format to a folder. Do this for each picture. Now all the pics are in one folder.

To place the pics side by side - Open the folder containing all the pics. Right click on the first pic. From the drop down menu, choose "open with paint". Now the pic is in the "paint" program. In the "paint" program click "edit". From the drop down menu choose "paste from". This allows me to choose the next pic. Choose the next pic & click open. Now 2 pics are open in the "paint" program. Simply slide the 2nd pic next to the 1st pic. All the pics have been previously cropped to the same size so they will line up really nicely. Repeat for each pic. Once you have a row of pics lined up in the "paint" program, it now becomes one pic & can be saved to a folder in jpeg format.

Hope this helps. It may sound like alot, but it actually only takes a couple minutes per pic.

epackage~ Alphabetical order works best for me. I find that it is much easier to know what I have, if they are in some sort of order.

fishnuts~ Ive experimented around & I agree that a dark background makes clear bottles with white ACL's "pop", but I wasnt too happy with the colored bottles against a dark background. Im still experimenting.
Hope it cools down for ya out there. Not 120 here but we were in triple digit heat index here for about 10 days. It was miserable.

Take care everyone !

madman

Reaction score
what town is on the green towne club!?

b0ttl3capgirl

Reaction score
Would you be willing to part with any of these bottles? Love the clean labels.

simpleman

Reaction score
madman ~

Heres a pic of the back of the Towne Club. Its from Indianapolis Indiana.

15BD19809FC44C1DBEC405DBE5AE43AC.jpg

Attachments

• 15BD19809FC44C1DBEC405DBE5AE43AC.jpg
    15BD19809FC44C1DBEC405DBE5AE43AC.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 58

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau