Hugh Goodwin Aromatic Ginger Ale ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

canastadime

Reaction score
I picked up a unique looking bottle at the flea market today from a big box of bottles. I googled the information and came up with this site showing a similar bottle but with a date. Can anyone tell me anything about this one? Is it collectible? How would I clean it? It says Hugh Goodwin Aromatic Ginger Ale No 47 Montgomery Str. It has no date.
IMG_1604_001.JPG
IMG_1608_001.JPG

canastadime

Reaction score
oh geeze sorry about the big pictures, thought I made them smaller.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Jessica,

Welcome to this place, and thanks for bringing the Ginger Ale, You call those "big picture," but they look pretty well sized to me. Nice sided ginger ale, you have. Did you find this previous discussion? https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-79742/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#79748 There was another For Sale in the recent past.

Do you often pick up big boxes of bottles? [8D] Who were some of Hugh's companions?

django-reinhardt_le-jazz-hot.jpg

canastadime

Reaction score
Yes, that is the thread I found. I managed to resize the pictures. I don't normally pick up bottles but sometimes keep ones I find if I think they look cool. I just found it in a box of other bottles, mostly plain bottles, though there were some bitters bottles, should have got those too. I only got this one.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jessica,

I think you picked up a nice one. As per cleaning, may I recommend the patented Chuckles Method. A time tested and economical method that yields surprisingly good results, even to the cleaning challenged, such as myself. [8D]

61494_139434_2.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem