Hutch, Insulator, Whatzit & More!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Man oh man. I thought I'd never get a chance to post again. I've been diggin' here and there and finally got a few worth posting. I guess I'll go with the pic by pic comment approach. Here's a few Ladies Legs that me and my son have dug in the past coupla weeks. It thought RedGinger would appreciate the line up. Ok so the middle one isn't a true Ladies Leg.
IMG_5658.jpg

Up next is a mere commoner. At least I think it is. I've dug a dozen or so of them. I just bought this one home to post and try to figure out what it was actually used for. Pickles maybe?
IMG_5661.jpg

IMG_5664.jpg

Next is a Dr. S. A. TUTTLE with some weak embossing. I didn't see it until after I got it washed in the sink and had the light just right.
IMG_5652.jpg

Then I dug my first whole plate and the top to a gravy bowl perhaps?
IMG_5655.jpg

Here's a whatzit that my son dug. It appears to be ceramic and reminds me of those big long loom needles for making rugs and such. Any ideas?
IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

This is stamped on it on both sides.
IMG_5670.jpg

The in matrix pic on this one is blury so it got deleted so I got a clean up pic of a plain slick with a plain stopper instead.
IMG_5640.jpg

You see a plain common slick, I see a canvas for my next painting. [:)]
IMG_5637.jpg

Don't you just hate it when you think you have a perfect match only to discover that the top is way to big for the bottle? Me not so much. [8D]
IMG_5634.jpg

Hmmmm. What could those letters on the side be?
IMG_5604.jpg

Believe it or not this is my first dug hutch. I've had some given to me and bought quite a few but never dug a whole one. I got 2 hutches within an hour of each other and the were both Geo. Jones Fonda New York. This one is in aqua and the other is clear.
IMG_5607.jpg

I like the trade mark design on the back.
IMG_5610.jpg

And last but not least this is the second GLEN insulator I dug this year. The first one was basically on top of the ground, this one was 8 feet deep. I sold my first one for $200 bucks. WOOOHOOOOO!!!! [8D]
IMG_5619.jpg

She cleaned up nice and this is how I found her. This whole chunk of junk was stuck to what looks like an old wheel and was upside down. As soon as I flipped it over it the whole clump just stood up like it was meant to display the piece. I couldn't resist a pic.
IMG_5620.jpg

Well thanx for reading everyone and I hope the bottle gods have been shining down on you all. Swiz [:)]

TJSJHART

Reaction score
great finds,,,that big whatsit looks to me to be a tool fishermen use to repair nets???just my guess,,,

ruccello

Reaction score
Nice stuff swizz. Love the hutch, the wyeth, and the insulator - the lady's legs aren't too shabby either. Keep em comin'

Richard

BillinMo

Reaction score
Holy cow, a second 'GLEN' pony?! That's a nice find!! There are only a handful of those around.

swizzle

Reaction score
Thanx guys.
TJSJHART, That funky looking thing might have been for net mending. I think its perty neat looking. to bad the ends were knocked off.

BillinMo, I guess there's 2 more handfuls of Glen insulators now. [:D]

Hey Joe, Its good to be still digging. These 50 to 55 hour work weeks take it out of me for sure. I dug until I couldn't dig anymore on Saturday and man am I sore but it was worth every second. Even the glass shards in the eye were worth the dig I had. That Wyeth is a lil baby Wyeth at only 4&1/4" tall. I hope I can find the dose cup for it. That would really make a whole days dig worth it. I didn't know they made them that small but I do now. As far as that GLEN insulator goes, its already packaged up nice and tight and ready to ship in the morning. I already have another $200 in my paypal account right now. [:)][:)][:)]. Swiz

deacon_frost

Reaction score
nice findings there swizzle...i found one of those needle whatsitz last year and often wondered what it was used for

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Nice finds for sure. I always like finding kid stuff, little plates, cups, marbles, metal toys, etc.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960