hutchison?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

colagirl

Reaction score
I'm looking for info to see if my bottle is a reproduction or an original (~my profile pic)? It has an 'M' '10' marked on the bottom and reads "Property of Coca-Cola Bottling Co." raised on the bottle front and "1894" on the back. I'd like to know what people think. Thanks. SA

[/align]Please wait[/align]Image not available[/align][/align]

[/align][/align]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
15A4A3B073014D9E878E9D69B21C7BE0.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
It looks like a commemorative reproduction to me.. someone here should be able to say for sure or not..

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
It doesn't have the classic Hutchinson stopper but has a more recent bottle cap which tells me it is a reproduction.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Colagirl,
Welcome. This is a reproduction. I can't say for sure how old yours is, but coke introduced a commemorative bottle exactly like that just a few years ago. Someone who knew I was a bottle collector bought me a six pack. Your bottle still has some value because collectors love them (no matter how old) but it is not significant. I'd guess about a buck. The bottle was designed to look like an hutchinson soda - and it does a little - but the crown top totally gives it away. There are NO hutchinson sodas with crown tops. To call a bottle a 'hutchinson' soda means that it used an internal stopper designed by someone named Hutchinson out of Chicago. If it has a crown top, by definition, it cannot be a hutch. Hope this helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib