I am having a hard time finding information on this one

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I didn't see a listing for the S.O. Co. in the Era druggist from 1913 but I think it's a pharmacy bottle anyway, just a bit later, maybe 20's or 30's. I love the sickness of it and the color and style, even with the screw top is great.
If you happen to be able get to Lowell MA on the 30th, stop by the show. There's always some good eye candy and it's less than hour from you.
http://choyt48.home.comcast.net/~choyt48/mvbc.htm
Anyway, welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here, there's a lot of very knowledgeable people.
Eric

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I'd guess the S O bottle and the Indian Balm were both made in the first decade of the 20th century.

The S O Company one really reminds me a lot of the Lightbody Pharmacy bottles from Rochester NH.
THey may have been trying to copy the Lightbody's suscess.

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ILUV2DIG

I don't mean to bombard you with inquiries, but I was wondering about these also....These are from Manchester NH and were dug from the same location as the indian bottle. I have not cleaned them yet but they are a blown screw-top with a ground lip. They are also a beautiful green color. Thanks for any information you can offer.

1006355800x600.jpg
[/IMG]
My input is to carefully decide whether the irridescence on those two are worth saving, as opposed to cleaning them totally. True, colorful irridescence adds to the interest and usually value of most / many bottles in some folks eyes, mine included. If one is only sick and not colorful perhaps you might clean it up and leave the more colorful as-is. It appears to me, from the imbeded picture, that one is irridescent and one is sick.

nhpharm

Reaction score
The S.O. Company was founded by G.F. Soule, who was also a druggist in Manchester for a time. Here is another product put out by them...I'm not sure of the screwtop ones contained the same stuff, but they date from the same time period (they are blown with ground lips). You see them most commonly in green and sometimes in clear and other colors.

94DE6A8F4B5B40DEBEBC7C3D3120868C.jpg

Attachments

• 94DE6A8F4B5B40DEBEBC7C3D3120868C.jpg
    94DE6A8F4B5B40DEBEBC7C3D3120868C.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 41

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
WOW, thanks for the information guys. That helps a lot. I'm still wondering about that Indian bottle though. I'll ask around. I'm planning on going back to that location again ths weekend.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ILUV2DIG

I don't mean to bombard you with inquiries, but I was wondering about these also....These are from Manchester NH and were dug from the same location as the indian bottle. I have not cleaned them yet but they are a blown screw-top with a ground lip. They are also a beautiful green color. Thanks for any information you can offer.

1006355800x600.jpg
[/IMG]

I had a mint one of those a few years ago..may still have it in a box some where round here..it is a beatiful color....woulda been great to have the cap like your's has..I thought it was maybe a drug store bottle till now..great info all!!

!How it got down here to GA. at a flea market is still a mystery..but heve found many bottles that made it far from their home before...Love the INDIAN BOTTLE!JAMIE

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
The S.O. Company was founded by G.F. Soule, who was also a druggist in Manchester for a time. Here is another product put out by them...I'm not sure of the screwtop ones contained the same stuff, but they date from the same time period (they are blown with ground lips). You see them most commonly in green and sometimes in clear and other colors.

great info, those labelled bottles really come in handy.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
So I read S & O Co. Was Soule & Oliver. Was that before or after G F Soule? I'm guessing before since SO is on your label.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I've seen the comment in the past about Soule & Oliver but they must not have been together too long. Tebbetts and Soule and G.F. Soule pharmacy bottles pop up often and seem to bracket the time period that you would imagine that Soule & Oliver might have been in business. Everything that I have seen with S.O. Co. on it has referenced only G.F. Soule.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93