i figured i would dig a critter one day

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Shagnasty

Reaction score
hey cap i thought they were cokes i think jguis found one or two a while back and you said they were ss cokes coca cola is by itself the newark o is on the other side
at least i think you said they are cokes(i better go back and look[:D]) anyway could you take another look pretty please! thanks man shagansty

insulators rule i think they were half asleap or giting ready to hibernate or what ever they do they were movin kinda slow

appliedlips

Reaction score
Nice find,but I agree with Warren.The bottles that are without Coca-Cola in script held other beverages other than Coke,mainly flavored sodas rather than cola.I have seen that bottle around but never noticed prices.The bottles you posted are probably a little newer than the script straight side cokes.I posted a pic of a Newark straight side with the script embossing.Good luck in your digging,Doug

appliedlips

Reaction score
Oops,forgot the pic.Here it is!

EFF9D147C85E435F9561597AE301B2FF.jpg

Attachments

• EFF9D147C85E435F9561597AE301B2FF.jpg
    EFF9D147C85E435F9561597AE301B2FF.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 80

capsoda

Reaction score
I thought it said Newark Coca cola. With Coca Cola on one side and Newark O. on the other it most probably is a Coke bottle. There are a few block litter Cokes out there. I have a few. The bottle mould was probably cut to fill the gap between the SS Cokes and the hobble skirts. Most are. Good call Shag.

By the way, I could use a Newark ss Coke if either of you have a spare.[:)]

JGUIS

Reaction score
Nice digs Shag, bout time you got one of those. [:D] I dug some of those little buggers awhile back, they've definately slowed down for the year. I might be comin up your way soon, let me know if ya wanna dig.

Shagnasty

Reaction score
appliedlips that coke kicks but! i might git lucky and dig me one of them there are a lot of sodas comeing outa that hole

cap thanks for lookin again i was hopeing they were cokes one of mine has a crack and the other has a small chip it the base but i am sure there are more in there i have dug atleast 10 broken ones so if i get a good one i would send it to you no problem
thanks man!

jguis when you come up let me know and we will dig something up somewhere man

later shagnasty

appliedlips

Reaction score
After taking pics of that Straight-sided coke I decided to list it on Ebay.I have another one I am holding onto.Here is a link to my listings if anyone is interested.
http://stores.ebay.com/Duginahole-bottles-and-more_W0QQstorecachemissZduginaholebottlesandmoreQQtZkm

Mihai

Reaction score
Hey Shagnasty. Nice to find lizzards like this. How deep was it? Digging for bottles I found once a toad at about 1 meter deep into the ground.

This salamanders are common in romanian mountains. They are slow and you can catch them easily because their skin is so poisonous no predator with will for living would touch them. Even for humans they are dangerous if your hands have open wounds or if you choose, out of boredrom, lets say, to eat them.

7314FF62CB46429E9261E4B76D55EE06.jpg

Attachments

• 7314FF62CB46429E9261E4B76D55EE06.jpg
    7314FF62CB46429E9261E4B76D55EE06.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 79

capsoda

Reaction score
The wifey flew up out of a hole one time because of a white frog with realy zoned out eyes. Never seen one before or since and it taught me a valuable lesson; Don't stand to near the hole if a wirey is in it....... She ran right over my ass.[:)]

Shagnasty

Reaction score
hey mihai they were about .5 meter down i did not touch them directly i had on my heavy rubber gloves i dont trust anything with bright yellow spots or stripes[:'(]

hey cap ya got to stay outa the way of them people runnin for there lives[:D][:D]
longneck and i have a deal i keep a lookout for snakes for him he keeps an eye out for spiders for me(i hate them frickin 8 leggers!)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR