I finally found a milk and it’s local!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woods_walker

Reaction score
Got out after work on Thursday to dig a 40-50s dump. Still plenty of snow on the ground so I had to get down threw snow and a frozen layer of dirt before hitting the good layer. Pulled out a few decent bottles before finding the milk.... After 3 years of bottle hunting I thought it was just gonna be another broken one like the hundreds before, but to my surprise she was whole!! I’m gonna call this a year maker for me.
96A6FAE7-AC7F-4FA1-8E4D-9FD1E61E26D6.jpeg

Common cork top Lysol. The cap was on when I dug it, another first for me :cool:
28BF4953-C2F1-4DA6-A594-75EDC1B762A4.jpeg
B7474D8E-B515-419A-92A4-399234572F7F.jpeg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Congrats, But the year is early yet, once you dig that Alpena Hutch that will be your Bottle of the Year. Never heard of the town Cathro? LEON.

P.S. Update. Just looked in my Michigan Milk Book & I see that one listed as a Quart only. And the only one from Cathro. SO, Could that mean yours is a tough unknown version or possibly overlooked or my book outdated?

woods_walker

Reaction score
Congrats, But the year is early yet, once you dig that Alpena Hutch that will be your Bottle of the Year. Never heard of the town Cathro? LEON.

P.S. Update. Just looked in my Michigan Milk Book & I see that one listed as a Quart only. And the only one from Cathro. SO, Could that mean yours is a tough unknown version or possibly overlooked or my book outdated?

Thanks for looking it up, I knew when I saw Cathro it had to be scarce. Cathro is now an old ghost town that’s all I know about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1