i have a 1 quart. four roses whiskey bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tlfettled

Reaction score
sevral years ago i found this old whiskey bottle in a old barn ! ive had it in my house over my fire place for several years ! im going to post a few pics ! this amber quart whiskey bottle is hard to take a good photo of so please have patients! Here is a brief description of the bottle ! the opening of the bottle is for a cork stopper just below the flared lip is what looks like the remains of pewter or tin seal ! ! the raised lettering at top of bottle says ---NEW PROTECTIVE BOTTLE ADOPTED JULY 1914--BELOW THAT IS FANCY FELIGREE WORK OF ROSE,S AND LEAFS, WITH THE WORDS --FOUR ROSES--IN FANCY LETTERING BELOW THE ROSE BUSH IS THE NAME --PAUL JONES CO. -- IN FANCY RAISED LETTERS! BELOW THAT IS THE WORDS --LOUISVILLE,KY ! ON BOTTOM OF BOTTLE IN OUTTER CIRCUMFRENCE IS--- ONE FULL QUART CAPACITY-- THERE IS A DIAMOND PRODUCTION MARK IN CENTER OF BOTTOM OF BOTTLE WITH THE NUMBERS <388> 3 388 IN SIDE OF DIAMOND AND A LARGE 3 OFF TOO THE RIGHT OF THE DIAMOND MARK! THERE ARE IMPERFECTIONS OR BUBBLES IN THE GLASS! I HAVENT CLEANED THE INSIDE OF THIS BOTTLE YET ITS STILL DIRTY! what would be a good price to ebay this bottle at in your honest opinion! all input is welcome!

Jg14094.jpg

tlfettled

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tlfettled

sevral years ago i found this old whiskey bottle in a old barn ! ive had it in my house over my fire place for several years ! im going to post a few pics ! this amber quart hiskey bottle is hard to take a good photo of so please have patients! Here is a brief description of the bottle ! the opening of the bottle is for a cork stopper just below the flared lip is what looks like the remains of pewter or tin lwer seal ! ! the raised lettering at top of bottle says ---NEW PROTECTIVE BOTTLE ADOPTED JULY 1914--BELOW THAT IS FANCY FELIGREE WORK OF ROSE,S AND LEAFS, WITH THE WORDS --FOUR ROSES--IN FANCY LETTERING BELOW THE ROSE BUSH IS THE NAME --PAUL JONES CO. -- IN FANCY RAISED LETTERS! BELOW THAT IS THE WORDS --LOUISVILLE,KY ! ON BOTTOM OF BOTTLE IN OUTTER CIRCUMFRENCE IS--- ONE FULL QUART CAPACITY-- THERE IS A DIAMOND PRODUCTION MARK IN CENTER OF BOTTOM OF BOTTLE WITH THE NUMBERS <388> 3 388 IN SIDE OF DIAMOND AND A LARGE 3 OFF TOO THE RIGHT OF THE DIAMOND MARK! THERE ARE IMPERFECTIONS OR BUBBLES IN THE GLASS! I HAVENT CLEANED THE INSIDE OF THIS BOTTLE YET ITS STILL DIRTY!

Mk25318.jpg

tlfettled

Reaction score
i hope this is ok here is one mor epicture of my bottle!

[

Pn35541.jpg

David E

Reaction score
The picture I have (hard to detail)Jones, Paul Four Roses.
Amber with Heavy embosing 9 1/2" high
$9.00 to $16.00
However the book I have is 1993 and I don't trust the prices that were put on bottles, but sure this is the one.
Bottle Pricing Guide
By Hugh Cleveland (he does show a lot of bottles not found in other books)

Dave

That Pic of bottom is an early machine scar. I can 't date that diamond, hope someone else has it. I would guess like the bottle says 1914. Nice bottle
Dave

tlfettled

Reaction score
heres the lettering at the top of the bottle this whiskey bottle is 11 inches tall by 3an a half inches in circumfrenceat base!

Wt59001.jpg

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to the forum. What I have referenced of the 3 digit mark inside a diamond tells me it is Illinois Glass Co. Alton IL. (1873 - 1929) Hope this helps, Kelley

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28