I have a 12 oz Royal Crown bottle and want to know if it is real or a reproduction.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sodaham

Reaction score
I am wondering if this is a real bottle or a reproduction. On the bottom is embossed a small G inside a square box and the embossed numbers 1360 and letter J. It is from Nehi Bottling Co. Fort Wayne, Ind. It has the Good Housekeeping seal ACL on the back. The bottle is clear with red and yellow ACL on the front. On the top of the bottle just below where the bottle cap fits are the numbers 41. The bottle seam is in the middle of the ACL and the embossed RC's are on the side of the shoulders. Maybe this is an irregular bottle. Thanks, Steve

iggyworf

Reaction score
If you can show us some pics, we can help better. But it sounds like a Glenshaw? glass co. mark. 1941. If the ACL is in good shape it's a nice bottle. Hopefully others will chime in.

sodaham

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to download the pictures but am having trouble. I'm new to this site. I'll continue to try. I have a question about the numbers on the base 1360 J and the G in the box. This is the first time I've come across something like this. I cannot tell how old the bottle is with these numbers. I have some bottles from the 50's that have the makers mark in the center and the date to the right. I've never seen this marking before and am concerned it is a reproduction. Also, the ACL is in between the R C embossing, and the red Royal Crown is not centered in the yellow box. These two things could indicate an error when making the bottle, which could add value to the bottle. The condition of the bottle is near mint. I have another bottle similar to this with the makers mark in the center and a 9 to the right.

squirtbob

Reaction score
I would say the J = 1938 on a Glenshaw bottle. Look carefully on the lip again and see if you also see a J on the opposite side of the 41. There will be a thread here somewhere that discusses the Glenshaw letter/date code. I also think the 1938 is a better date for a good housekeeping bottle. Pictures will help.

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
The date code letter should be on the lip, opposite side of the 41 you mention. It's probably an old bottle, with the Good housekeeping seal. Never seen a repro that would imitate that. Seam through the ACL isn't ideal, but if it looks good...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973