I have a question about farm dumps

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jolteon

Reaction score
Hi I'm Jeff I'm 14 years old and my summer home was built in 1802 in New York and I have found some amazing things on our 30 acre property
A buried bottle full of old silver copper and 3 gold coins year found 2009
A mange bottle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all are from 1800's
Warsaw totaling works blop top >>>>>>>>>> all 3 found in a farm dump of rocks about 4 feet high
A 8 cm high bottle with no markings>>>>>>>> and 12 feet across I have found 28 broken 1800's bottles all in the rocks the three thang survived one was on TOP of the rocks and two were on the grass. Here is my question, If I dug through all 4 feet would there be hope of finding a whole bottle jug hard plate cup etc also I have found chads of plates and cups from 1910's so can any of these have survived through the rocks between thanks I'm asking because I'm heading out this weekend!
Thanks,
Jeffrey the bottle collector

nhpharm

Reaction score
Jeffrey, For sure...you may be surprised what might survive in the classic rockpile...typically the survivors will be small but I am sure you will find something whole. I've gotten some very early bottles from these rock piles (ink bottles, etc).

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I tend to not pay much attention to the rock pile dumps, mainly because where I am they're picked over and digging is of questionable legality, but if you've got a private one to dig through at your leisure go at it! Heck, set up a sifter and recover everything! It's amazing the small things that can be found in dumps if you take the time. And, wait, you found a cache of coins including gold?! That's, like, every metal detectorist's dream! Could we possibly see some pictures?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4