I hit the jackpot ... or bottle that is!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EdsFinds

Reaction score
I was riding on an old bike trail when I spotted some common trash items. Being a rather old trail and not used that much, my curiosity was piqued. Sure enough, upon walking around the outer skirts of the trail and into some pesky thorn bushes ... I stumbled upon a whole dump site from the 1970s (an educated guess based on my knowledge of the area, and the bottles I found).

Now, here is my problem, gentlemen: There are so many old Pepsi, coke cola, and other soda bottles from the 60s and 70s that I don't know what to do with them. I have found other types of
EdsFinds on Dec 10 2020.jpg
IMG_20201212_175019.jpg
IMG_20201212_175019.jpg
IMG_20201212_175019.jpg
bottles and know there is much more to be found here, but since they are literally piled in a heap and buried underneath the fall leaves and strewn about. I have to remove the common ones before I can start to dig and look for others carefully.

My question is this: do I gather up the soda bottles and put them aside and just leave them there, or do I try to gather them together as a "collection" and try to sell them online?

I have found the 1977 clear embossed Pepsi bottles being sold on eBay for around 5 to 10. I don't put too much into an EBAY price, but...one never knows. I mean, I'm finding AT Least 20 of them right on the surface without having to dig and know that there are more strewn about.

I have enclosed a pic of the ones I've gathered and taken back. There are two I want to know more about, but I'll put them in a separate post.

Thanks in advance for your sage advice! Happy Holidays to all!

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_175002.jpg
    IMG_20201212_175002.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 192

Timelypicken

Reaction score
I would just move them to the side and dig deeper.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my time with any bottles from the 60's or 70's because they do not have much if any Value & not much Interest or Collectability, In my opinion. I'm sure there are some rare exception like maybe a first 1964 Diet Pepsi ect. I'm sure some others will disagree & love these Bottles? LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
depends what your interested in , some of the pepsi's still have the acl painted area . the no deposits can still be somewhat collectable , not sure what there worth and agree the ebay price doesn't mean much

might also be cans in that dump , I find a lot of the cans from the 70's are harder to find now then some realise and if there in ok condition can be worth keeping , obviously no point in keeping dozens of pepsi and coke cans if there all the same but might be ones for smaller brands which are less common

embe

Reaction score
A vintage crate might go along well with the 20+ same bottles.

EdsFinds

Reaction score
I WAS thinking that in the back of my mind! Hmm....does anybody have an old 70s Pepsi bottle crate or where to find one?

RCO

Reaction score
I WAS thinking that in the back of my mind! Hmm....does anybody have an old 70s Pepsi bottle crate or where to find one?

usually the odd one appears at yard sales , maybe thrift stores .

most antique stores will want top dollar for them , I've never bought one there

EdsFinds

Reaction score
depends what your interested in , some of the pepsi's still have the acl painted area . the no deposits can still be somewhat collectable , not sure what there worth and agree the ebay price doesn't mean much

might also be cans in that dump , I find a lot of the cans from the 70's are harder to find now then some realise and if there in ok condition can be worth keeping , obviously no point in keeping dozens of pepsi and coke cans if there all the same but might be ones for smaller brands which are less common
Hey! There are a few cans in this dump. They are rusted, but not to the extreme, and have SOME labels left on them. The top is flat and appears to be aluminum while the rest is steel. Should I grab it/them? I'm wondering about them but left them where they are since I don't really collect or know anything about cans. I'll take one and send a pic if you think they are worth a shot.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause