I hope someone out there can help me

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
....or you could find a dump and bury them somewhere for someone else to find later...
Spencer,

You made me gut laugh. God you have it bad.
That's great!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:)][8D]
Joel

VaChick

Reaction score
Ahh, Bottlenutboy, that's the problem -- I don't know what it's worth. It belonged to my parents, so to me it's priceless, but I know there's sort of a concrete price. I don't want to try to sell it until I know something about it's value, even on an auction site. If the people that want it aren't there, it could go for nothing. I know, I sold something there, and the next week the same item sold for twice as much! It was a bit discouraging.

I love your idea about re-burying the ones I don't want or can't sell! In this town, I'd probably need a special zoning or building permit to do something like that!

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
i understand what you mean about not wanting to sell without knowing what to ask ...as anyone that knows me can attest i am a genuinely honest person and i would never try to rip someone off....let me know when you set a price

In this town, I'd probably need a special zoning or building permit to do something like that!

[:D] i wouldnt even ask if i needed one i would just do it[:D]

epgorge

Reaction score
VA chick,

I have sent you a couple of PM's but for some reason you are not recieveing them.

I have been trying to let you knowyou need to buy some books on price values.

Most everyone here will help you to discover what you have. However, there are hawks who are, understandably, looking out for their own collections or collectors items.

Knowledge is power as you may know. Learn the values and liquidate them accordingly, or priced to move them.

This strikes a particular chord with me, as I am not long for this world, as someday my children will be coming out to this forum to ask about my collection and to liquidate it. My hopes are that my commoradorie with this community will spill over to my nest generation and help them get the maximum amount of money they can for thier collection. This will happen as I have told them to keep their favorite couple of bottles and sell the rest.

I do keep a list of all my bottles, what paid for them (or dug) and what the present value is. I suggest all do that as well so some poor off spring isn't asking what the value of their parents favored collection is.

Just my opinion.

Va chick, I will help you anyway I can with values, just email me.

Joel

huffmnd

Reaction score
I agree that this is the best place to get information on the bottles that you have. You may also want to invest in a book or two to try to identify what you have. The prices listed in most books however are not necessarily the price that you may or may not get, don't count your chickens before they hatch. The prices listed in the books vary greatly and the condition of your bottles will play a large role in it as well. Keep posting pictures and there will be plenty of people on this forum that will gladly help you ID them. I wish you the best of luck.

Brains

Reaction score
I see some insulators in your pictures, i would like it if i could get a picture of all the insulators you have. send it to bryanlane@columbus.rr.com

thanks in advance[:)]

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
Like you I hope I learn things from your post. I thank you for letting us know about your new collection. If you read every post on this site you can learn a lot quickly. Good Luck!

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
vachick,
another alternative is to go on ebay and look at their completed listings site and maybe u can find some of uer items that have already sold.
just an idea.

whosyer

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson