I just experienced the most amazing thing ever.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I am all teary eyed,and my mind is dull.[:(]
My Dad surprised me with the neatest gift ever. He just called up a couple of hours ago while I was on the forum posting back and fourth in Bottlekid76ss (Tims ) awesome thread.My Dad said he needed help moving some furniture. When I got to his house my Mom and he were sitting in their living room and told me to sit down they wanted to show me something first.Ill be honest I had no Idea what was going on when out of the blue the TV turns on and there I am 2 years old in my first house. My Dad had all of our SILENT home movies put on to a DVD. I have to admit seeing people from 50 years ago who are still alive around and seeing others you have lost has choked me up big time. I am still getting teary eyed as I write this.I just experienced every emotion a Human being can feel. I was happy[:D],then sad[:(], then scared[:eek:], then laughing[sm=lol.gif], then crying[:(],Wow you name it every emotion possible. It is hard to explain seeing yourself as a child again.Even though my wife says I have always been one!! [8D] My Dad filmed every midget football game I ever played in,every Christmas, a few family Vacations.My high school graduation.I just watched my life in fast forward mode......If any of you still have your parents around tell them you love them and thank them for getting you to the next level in life. Man that movie shook me to the core.I just relived my entire life and one fact remains the same through these years.I was and I am still very POOR.That is a FACT..... But sometime an event like this can inspire you on to good things.I am visting Dyottville at 5:00 Hundred hours Wish me luck........................

Dugout

Reaction score
I'll bet your parents treasured the evening just as much as you did!

surfaceone

Reaction score
My Dad had all of our SILENT home movies put on to a DVD.

Hey Steve,

What a great gift from your Dad. Are'ya gonna do the voiceover & soundtrack? I gotzta put on my special hat to see my silent movies.

tinfoil%2Bhat.jpg

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

.If any of you still have your parents around tell them you love them and thank them for getting you to the next level in life.

... But sometime an event like this can inspire you on to good things.I am visting Dyottville at 5:00 Hundred hours Wish me luck........................

So true Steve. We just got through celebrating my Moms 80th birthday. It was a few days ago but we had a surprise gathering today. It was a treasure.

Good luck and be safe at Dyottville!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
5:45 Am Kensington time,
I am approaching my turn up ahead, just as I exited I-95 I was envisioning in the final 1/2 mile of my journey how I was going to pull this off,visions of glass and bricks filled my head and I heard my GPS say those sweet words YOU HAVE ARRIVED[:D]......but then it all went out the window fast HOW fast you ask FAST[:(].....Dyottville was a bust, It was locked down tighter then a then a pair of shivering bew-tocks in a male prison.[:eek:] I am not kidding I come upon my right turn,my peripheral vision skewed to my right by one of Philadelphias ugliest buildings. As as I make the right turn 200 feet in front of me AND I AM NOT KIDDING are two of Phillys finest parked widow to window sharing a good laugh and maybe donuts and coffee who knows who cares.[:mad:] Once I committed and turned into the complex I couldn't do a quick U turn because that would have attracted their attention,[8|] It was a done deal.I had to go up to them and not be suspicious.[X(]S

I slowly pull towards them roll my window down and pull up about 5 feet away on the passenger side of the one vehicle.[8|] As the window on the patrol car comes down I peer in..... and there is the largest African American Cop in Philadelphia ( I SWEAR TO YOU it Looked like he was just cut by the Philadelphia Eagles as a Defensive lineman ) He was Huge Huge I tell ya!![&:]I I had to think quick!![8|] EXCUSE ME I YELL from my car (think Steve think,) and I said HOW DO I GET BACK to I-95 north, (yeah that's it I said to myself good good that's believable ),I got off the Girard Avenue exit because I missed my turn back at the Ben Franklin, for I-95 south (yeah that's it missed my turn yeah yeah I m not coming to Dyottville or anything to pilfer no no I missed my turn yeah yeah ).........

Continue the way your heading the Cop yells Go 5 blocks, cross back over Delaware Avenue keep right at the fork (Now mind you the whole time I am sitting there two things are happening inside of my car) My STUPID !! GPS keeps saying YOU HAVE ARRIVED, YOU HAVE ARRIVED,YOU HAVE ARRIVED and my Illegal Radar detector In Pennsylvania but Legal in New Jersey is screaming loud that there are Cops nearby using K band and X band radar,can you believe that!! Cops near by no way really?(GOOD JOB Mr Cobra Radar detector ) and I cant shut him off because it would look suspicious...Thank GOD MR large African American patrolman couldn't hear either piece of incriminating evidence singing loudly in my car.......I thanked the Good Gentleman and went on my way, as I drove the 5 blocks in the Industrial area I passed at least 3 other private security firms guarding property and cars and trucks in the area. It was not meant to be today[:mad:]. I may take a ride over there tomorrow to see if the site is still active,or like the cool Archie told Rick,Dave and I on Friday we are done today and the barriers are coming down Monday. So what did you guys do this morning.....what did I miss anything.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

5:45 Am Kensington time,
I am approaching my turn up ahead, just as I exited I-95 I was envisioning in the final 1/2 mile of my journey how I was going to pull this off,visions of glass and bricks filled my head and I heard my GPS say those sweet words YOU HAVE ARRIVED[:D]......but then it all went out the window fast HOW fast you ask FAST[:(].....Dyottville was a bust, It was locked down tighter then a then a pair of shivering bew-tocks in a male prison.[:eek:] I am not kidding I come upon my right turn,my peripheral vision skewed to my right by one of Philadelphias ugliest buildings. As as I make the right turn 200 feet in front of me AND I AM NOT KIDDING are two of Phillys finest parked widow to window sharing a good laugh and maybe donuts and coffee who knows who cares.[:mad:] Once I committed and turned into the complex I couldn't do a quick U turn because that would have attracted their attention,[8|] It was a done deal.I had to go up to them and not be suspicious.[X(]S

I slowly pull towards them roll my window down and pull up about 5 feet away on the passenger side of the one vehicle.[8|] As the window on the patrol car comes down I peer in..... and there is the largest African American Cop in Philadelphia ( I SWEAR TO YOU it Looked like he was just cut by the Philadelphia Eagles as a Defensive lineman ) He was Huge Huge I tell ya!![&:]I I had to think quick!![8|] EXCUSE ME I YELL from my car (think Steve think,) and I said HOW DO I GET BACK to I-95 north, (yeah that's it I said to myself good good that's believable ),I got off the Girard Avenue exit because I missed my turn back at the Ben Franklin, for I-95 south (yeah that's it missed my turn yeah yeah I m not coming to Dyottville or anything to pilfer no no I missed my turn yeah yeah ).........

Continue the way your heading the Cop yells Go 5 blocks, cross back over Delaware Avenue keep right at the fork (Now mind you the whole time I am sitting there two things are happening inside of my car) My STUPID !! GPS keeps saying YOU HAVE ARRIVED, YOU HAVE ARRIVED,YOU HAVE ARRIVED and my Illegal Radar detector In Pennsylvania but Legal in New Jersey is screaming loud that there are Cops nearby using K band and X band radar,can you believe that!! Cops near by no way really?(GOOD JOB Mr Cobra Radar detector ) and I cant shut him off because it would look suspicious...Thank GOD MR large African American patrolman couldn't hear either piece of incriminating evidence singing loudly in my car.......I thanked the Good Gentleman and went on my way, as I drove the 5 blocks in the Industrial area I passed at least 3 other private security firms guarding property and cars and trucks in the area. It was not meant to be today[:mad:]. I may take a ride over there tomorrow to see if the site is still active,or like the cool Archie told Rick,Dave and I on Friday we are done today and the barriers are coming down Monday. So what did you guys do this morning.....what did I miss anything.

Praise God we didn't drive all the way down there just to see a big black cop, we have plenty of those around here[:-]

What did I do this mornin ? your lookin at it. I just woke up

I should have asked for more bricks.now it seems they are as hard to get as bricks of gold.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Steve,
Sorry you wasted the trip. I wonder if you'd have come clean what might have happened? If you said, "Sir. This sight has historic significance and it is about to be lost forever. Would it be possible - I assume every risk - that I might look for tiny remnants of what was once here?"
Nah. Forget it. They'd have kicked you out and watched for you in the future. Never mind. Glad you got away without a ticket.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Go here https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-493784/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#493795 and then send me a PM, I will be glad to answer your questions privately.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Steve,
I can only reply to PMs. I can not send a new one. Don't know how to fix that.
Anyway, I don't have a lot of questions. I just want to say God bless and keep fighting the good fight. I'm glad that you are trying to preserve this history but it certainly isn't worth getting arrested over it.

One stupid question, How long do you have to drive to get there?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen