I know about EG Booz Bottles, really!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hi Amber,Nice looking bottle.Although I live but 8 miles from where the Clevenger works were located I never really collected their glass and only collect their glass as a refference to the originals they copied from.They wre very talented glass gaffers I only wish they had concentrated on their own versions of glass.I think had they, their glass would be even more valuable today.Forum members Jersyanna and heritageglass are much more the authority on the Clevenger made bottles then I.

You bottle was made after 1948 as this is when the Clevenger Booz mold was sold to the Dell company.The rest of the bottle has all of the looks of the later Clevenger made beveled roof versions.Read this post and Tom (jerseyanna) explains it very well.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
what would it be if it isn't pontiled?

The pontil rod was a way of holding the bottle while the lip was finished.
If they didnt use a pontil rod then they used a snap case or other tool to temporarily hold the hot bottle.
Your bottle has mold lines, they are just very faint and hard to see.

awilliams

Reaction score
Thanks all for the information! I have really learned a lot about these bottles! I guess mine isn't as great as I thought it was at first but it's still cool and it looks great with my four other cabin bottles (all repros but four different colors and look awesome on my mantle!)

I've bookmarked several forums in here and several websites so I can learn more. This is such an addicting hobby!

Thanks again!

Amber

Jerseyana

Reaction score
Good morning.

The "closed 8" you refer to on the base of your Booz bottle is actually the initials CB seen from the side. I can say this as the former owner of this Clevenger Booz mold. How clear the initials are simply depends on how a specific bottle is blown.

You can check it out in my Tippecanoe and E. G. Booz Too! book or CD, or my new book about Clevenger Brothers, Last Links to the Past 20th Century South Jersey Glass Volume 1. Both are available directly from me.

Tom Haunton

Jerseyana

Reaction score
Hello again.

As to why such a spread of prices on Clevenger bottles, it's because there are so many varieties of them, at least twenty-nine different just by design. (Not counting colors or whimsies)

Tom Haunton

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1