I might be buying my own landfill!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Maybe they buried the shark here. [:D][:D][:D]. I have to call the guy at 8am on Monday to go look at the property. Wifey is being a party pooper and hopefully will lighten up a bit. I even tried to tell her that its only a half mile from where she got a cleavage discount. [:D][:D]. That was a good day. Swiz

David Fertig

Reaction score
Perhaps consult a lawyer and see about buying it under a LLC or something?!? They should be able to do the paperwork so that if, in the future, anything does come up, you and your personal assets are protected. Chances are, you won't have any problems, but for a few extra bucks, it might be worth the piece of mind.

Dave

swizzle

Reaction score
Not to sounded ignorant but what's an LLC? Limited Lifetime Contract? I've never bought land before so if I did have a lawyer right this paper up then what? Do I sign it and the current owner before the purchase does anyone sign it? I would like to have my arse protected in case I dig out a big barrel of toxic waste or something of that nature comes back to bite me. Any more help or advise is great appreciated. You guys are awesome. If I do buy this property then I just might have to set up an ABN dig on a nice fall weekend. Swiz

Wangan

Reaction score
Limited Liability Contract.Most businesses are using this to cover their ass from litigation.

swizzle

Reaction score
When you say a few bucks are you talking $25 - $250?!? I'm sure its more then $25 but you get the point. Is there any lawyers here willing to write something up for free digging rights or some bottles? Swiz [:)]

CazDigger

Reaction score
Hi Swizz, I'm another party pooper here. I work in the environmental industry. The 1st think you have to ask yourself is why is this guy selling for so cheap. You don't want to buy what may be a toxic waste site. If you buy it and it is contaminated, YOU may be liable to clean it up yourself which could run $100K plus, or you may never be able to sell it. If it was a town dump site from the 1920s or later, God only knows what chemicals were dumped. To have it evaluated by a consultant, without any soil/water testing will cost $1500 minimum. Be VERY careful and don't jump in without checking with a lawyer or consultant. Just my 2 cents.
Mark

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Swiz,...Been deliberating on weighing in here, but while it may sound tempting,....I've heard way to many horror storys about 'illegal' or unethical dumping, (think hazmat suits, geiger counters, superfund, etc) over the years to feel good about your potential dump. You're a good guy and probably don't need that headache. Not trying to be a wet blanket, just has alot of built in potential "cringe" factor... Joe

swizzle

Reaction score
We can barely afford the $1500. I guess I'll just keep looking around. Thanx for the help guys. Swiz [&o]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau