I QUIT SMOKING CAMELS!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: glass man

I am down to maybe 5 a day..why I can't just stop from here...???[cigs..not cows!]JAMIE

If you are down to 5 a day you didn't quit. I had to knock it all out at once not 2 a day not 5 a day "NONE A DAY" but thats just me. All or nothing.

I quit on the patch 24 years ago when insurance didn't pay for them. 100 bucks a pop. I couldn't afford them so I bought one dose and cut each patch in to 4 pie shaped pieces. I put one of those little pieces on each day and quit. Never went back.

Good for you Rick!!! Wish I could do the same. Thanks for the call today, was wondering about you.

PD

glass man

Reaction score
You are an insipration to me to quit ..mushrooms..i mean..crack..no that was only once.....acid? no hate that now..pot? don't really care for it unlesssome happen to come from NAM again..goodluck on that!Oh yes CIGS...that worst of the worst probably...as i saiddown to 5 a day..now of course thses 5 are 85 feet loog![8D] JUST KIDDIN they are long ones..but doing pertty good..now if Imcan just quite the glue sniffing I have gotten into again..not done it since 69...it islike playing drug quacamoli...or what ever i is the game is called..any way one time I am winning and the sun shines so bright other times..it is bad...Man think I am bad off now you shouda seen me 15 mins.ago!HA!![:D][:D][:D][:D]...Gladv I only snort "Night Crawlers" now..very good protine and go down easy!![:D]JAMIE..DA FREAK!!

LC

Reaction score
I remember telling my Dad I wanted to smoke . He threw a pack of plain end Camels to me and said if I wanted to ruin my health to so it right . And I did so . Two packs a day for twenty five years . Decided to try and quite , had the blasted things beat for six months and started back again . Went to filtered Camels . Said that the day they hit two dollars a pack I would quit . Went to the store one day to buy a carton of Camels and they were thirty bucks and I was short a few bucks from having the money to get them . Made me so mad that I said I had enough and quite them cold turkey . As Rick said the first week was a bad one . I wanted to kill anything within reach that moved around me . The second week was bad for me too , after that things started getting a lot better . Still had the urge but was able to fight it off much easier . After about a month I was in good shape and was well on my way to victory .

For me , the main thing was that when I got that urge to light up , I would busy my mind with something to do . I would go to the shop and piddle around and make something . That was a real help . As for quitting I would not suggest anyone quit cold turkey , it is a real challenge . But I have to say for a fact that I wish I had never started smoking , it has really ruined my health . I am much better now but I know I did a lot of damage to my lungs . My advice to every one who smokes , to do what you have to to quit them . You will always be thankful you did once you succeed . I have quit for a good six or seven years I guess and now and then as Gunth said , I will still get that notion that boy , would a cigarette hit the spot , but the thought just comes and in an instant is gone . Good luck to all those who try to quit , I hope you succeed .

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

0.jpg

THE COLORS..WOW..THE COLORS!![8D]...Yes PENN pretty far out...I am also down to a few xanax a month! I came along at the best time or the worst time...depending on how you think bout it,to have an addictive personality..the 60s..I kinda feel like on the movie "AIRPLANE" where the charactor says things like "I picked a bad time quitting sniffing glue"etc.[:)] FUNNY MOVIE!

Actually besides cigs. and alcohol..I have not done alot of drugs..of course what is :ALOT"[:D]...

Many might not know this..but caffine is a drug too...wonder how many are addicted to that?...Glad to say that is one I only craved as a boy ..wanting a coke everyday...back then it was a pretty rare treat to get one though.... JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: L C

I remember telling my Dad I wanted to smoke . He threw a pack of plain end Camels to me and said if I wanted to ruin my health to so it right . And I did so . Two packs a day for twenty five years . Decided to try and quite , had the blasted things beat for six months and started back again . Went to filtered Camels . Said that the day they hit two dollars a pack I would quit . Went to the store one day to buy a carton of Camels and they were thirty bucks and I was short a few bucks from having the money to get them . Made me so mad that I said I had enough and quite them cold turkey . As Rick said the first week was a bad one . I wanted to kill anything within reach that moved around me . The second week was bad for me too , after that things started getting a lot better . Still had the urge but was able to fight it off much easier . After about a month I was in good shape and was well on my way to victory .

For me , the main thing was that when I got that urge to light up , I would busy my mind with something to do . I would go to the shop and piddle around and make something . That was a real help . As for quitting I would not suggest anyone quit cold turkey , it is a real challenge . But I have to say for a fact that I wish I had never started smoking , it has really ruined my health . I am much better now but I know I did a lot of damage to my lungs . My advice to every one who smokes , to do what you have to to quit them . You will always be thankful you did once you succeed . I have quit for a good six or seven years I guess and now and then as Gunth said , I will still get that notion that boy , would a cigarette hit the spot , but the thought just comes and in an instant is gone . Good luck to all those who try to quit , I hope you succeed .

GLAD FOR YOU!I first started in the 60s at age 15...my mom and dad smoked too..my dad had sneaked around and started at age 5!My parents even bought them for me..that sounds unreal now...but back then when I went to the doctor ..he would check me out with a cig. in his mouth..a differnt time with different attitudes.

I quit at age 17 and started back in my late 20s......it was still not seen as a quite a big deal...remember the tobbacco lobby was huge...but then the medical lobby and insurance lobby got bigger and thankfully attitudes changed ,cause the ins. and med. made sure of that as it was in their best interests[GLAD FOR THAT!]..now if we can just do something about those two huge obbys ..the med. companies with their drugs are probably hurting and killing many people!!The insurance co. just about run America!

I am very aware I have not quit as long as I even smoke one..geez that doesn't take alot of thought to know that...but I AM TRYING!!

THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCORAGEMENT IT HELPS ALOT!!ALSO THANKS FOR ALL THE STORIES ABOUT A TERRIBLE ADDICTION!JAMIE

LC

Reaction score
I started around the same age Jamie , I remember doctors and sports stars on TV telling how great those cigarettes were so I figured what the hell that had to be the thing to do ! What people will do for money , never fails to amaze me .

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Admission is half the battle! Wish I could kick the coffee. Keep on keepin on Jamie!

PD

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4