I think I found the spot to take my photos of bottles....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pchan

Reaction score
found yesterday, this thing is loaded with bubbles....vertical, horizontal and seed bubbles....the seam bulges out at one place seen on the right of this pic. No flowers this time, the ones I killed yesterday have wilted so I`ll have to murder some more to take more pics.

IMG_9862_zps69781d6e.jpg

one I found a couple of weeks ago at the same place....notice the crazing on the upper left...what causes that? I found a few of these and they all have bubbles, some rather large ones....

IMG_9868_zpse4660612.jpg

another bubble laden specimen...found same place a couple of weeks ago....

IMG_9873_zps1f83c690.jpg

second one I found like this, it still had the goop inside that had turned to a caramel type consistency, I like these a lot, the pattern on them is quite nice, sadly the first was cracked, this one is not.

IMG_9879_zps9d278093.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Rick, you have to see this first to understand.
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-628939/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#628939

pchan

Reaction score
One question mark would have sufficed........or do you stutter?

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Don't fight, gentlemen. Nice pics of ho-hum bottles. Domo arigato.

pchan

Reaction score
Fight? no. We are allowed to play around though are we not?

And I will not take offense to the ho hum comment either, it`s the inter net, I may be new here but I am not new to the web and there are the " just bein` honest " folks on every single forum I visit, so I won`t reply in the same spirit your comment was intended. Every time I start to teach a new drawing class, first thing I tell my students is....there is no wrong way to draw, everybody sees things differently, same goes for collecting....bottles included...perhaps not every one who digs them up hopes to get rich, evidently some do and good luck, hope they make a lot of money. It`s not like I have any control over what comes up when I dig now is it. Still, I do enjoy the hunt and I am very new to this and as long as it is fun all the cheap shots and low blows on forums won`t stop me.

sandchip

Reaction score
Nice pics. That spot and the light seems to bring out the character of the glass. I'm still looking for the right spot to take bottle pics.

saslls

Reaction score
That is a nicely lit area to take photos of your bottles. Well done! It really shows the detail in the bottles for the size photos we are limited to post here!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause