I think this is my fourth jar lid, still no jars!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I'm not 100 percent sure this is a jar lid, but it reminds me of the lightning jar lids I've dug. It's about the same diameter, but the center has a very different shape. The outside edge has the same characteristics, so I think it must be a lid. It's got no embossing, though. What kind of jar would this have gone to? It reminds me of this 40's piano insulator, but it would have to be 50 years older.

Similar?
bowlo.jpg

Here's the actual lid(?)

img3638af.jpg

img3639h.jpg

img3641c.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
The aqua one is a lid.. this green one is a different animal.. it was placed under the leg of a piece of furniture to protect a rug or carpet.. methinks..
bowlo.jpg

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

It reminds me of this 40's piano insulator

I found the leg thingy several months ago at Dead Horse bay, I just thought it looks similar to the lid I dug today.

This is the fourth lid I've dug in as many straight times I've dug there! Maybe I should just call this dump the "jar lid" dump!

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
I agree, the aqua one is a lid for either a Safety Valve, H.W. Pettit, or a Sun. They're all pretty interchangeable. The green one, it does look like it goes under a piece of furniture - although it still is an odd color for that purpose. -Tammy

epackage

Reaction score
Keep your eyes open Connor, you may find lids like this which sell for over $120.....Jim

http://cgi.ebay.com/J-Adams-Pat-Jan-2-1866-Fruit-Jar-Lid-/190525107108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5c2e6ba4

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Let's hope so! Something about these lids must make them very durable... I haven't found a broken one yet! Haven't found a whole jar either!

dygger60

Reaction score
I see some lids I could use in that group....nice bunch....

dygger60

PS if your looking to get rid of some...I could use any Improved closers that fit Balll jars...

myersdiggers1998

Reaction score
I dug through the box and found 10 improved (undamaged) lids . i'll be more than happy to mail them to you ,send me your address. I dont want nothing in return,someday I may need something and you can hook me up. I'll go get some mailing boxs tomorrow.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey