I was watching this one: RHODGSON IMPROVED SODA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NHkeith

Reaction score
I often search/watch for for bottles being sold in New Hampshire area on ebay. Hoping to find some local bottles.

Well this one was being sold in Goffstown, New Hampshire, it was found at a local estate sale.

the seller started the bottle at 9.00$ ending bid was $7,550

$(KGrHqR,!oQFIGg74EF-BSKeL-yQ+g~~60_57.JPG

NHkeith

Reaction score
Please move this to a different category if I put it in the wrong section.

I just wanted to share.

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
The Hodgeson's is probably one of the best early UK sodas: dates pre-1818. There are a few around: probably ten or a dozen in VGC or better. This one went a bit cheaper than most probably because the embossing, especially of the coat of arms, isn't as clear as it could be.

I was kind of hoping to be in with a chance .... but got nowhere near!

sandchip

Reaction score
Great looking bottle, but I must say that I'm surprised to hear that there are that many around.

By the way, Deep, what ever became of the White Beare at the Bridge Foot shaft and globe that was in the Gardner collection and in Doreen Beck's book? What an exceptional bottle and one of my favorites of all bottles. I was always surprised that it wasn't in Willie's book and would love to see some good quality pictures of it. Sorry for changing the subject...

NHkeith

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: deepbluedigger

The Hodgeson's is probably one of the best early UK sodas: dates pre-1818. There are a few around: probably ten or a dozen in VGC or better. This one went a bit cheaper than most probably because the embossing, especially of the coat of arms, isn't as clear as it could be.

I was kind of hoping to be in with a chance .... but got nowhere near!

Thanks for the info. Very interesting.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris