I wish I wasn't Poor!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Considering your "Looking for" list in your signature I'd think this auction would be right up your alley...

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Haha. Yeah I know. I have very expensive taste unfortunately. Except the auction bottles are in the thousands and my "looking for list" is only maybe a couple hundred or so. Not $1000 and above.[;)]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
bottles are a relatively inexpensive hobby. You can get great bottles for under $100.
Compare that to other hobbies like coins, toys, sports crap. I think money goes much further with bottles.
But it seems more people are getting into the hobby and making uneducated buys driving prices up.
Could just be my imagination though...

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

bottles are a relatively inexpensive hobby. You can get great bottles for under $100.
Compare that to other hobbies like coins, toys, sports crap. I think money goes much further with bottles.
But it seems more people are getting into the hobby and making uneducated buys driving prices up.
Could just be my imagination though...
There sure are a couple folks on the vet med side driving up prices lately. One in particular is bidding to 2 or 3 times the normal value.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Sorry to say this, but your list of bottles will price out something like this unless they are in rare colors then lookout!! pineapple bitters non pontil 250.00 350.00.....pontiled 500.00 and more--townshends sarsaparilla 200.00-400.00--cathedral oickle square 150-350.00--drakes plantation bitters four log or six log plain jane amber125.00-135.00--national bitters plain jane amber300.00-- any embossed barrel bitters 200.00 500.00. not sayin these prices are firm but real close, this from watchin e-bay for ten years. which is the cheapest auction to shop at. you might do better from a member here, but I don't see anyone offering anything. So save your dollars and good luck!!

jays emporium

Reaction score
Andy, I was thinkin the same thing, except more than $300 for a National Bitters. You scared him so much he changed his "buy line".

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Actually was just trying to present a dose of reality. prices of the better bottles are going up up and away so to speak. Didn't mean to scare him, just let him know to save his shekels or find a place to dig..........

Bottleworm

Reaction score
This didn't really surprise me or scare me. I watch EBay too and see what the stuff goes for. And Andy you are right I do need to save my money and that is why I took the "Want List" off because there is more important things in life than bottles. I know I might get some heat for that sentence above. Anyways for example I am going to be driving next year and to afford the gas and any repairs I will need money. I really don't want to have to depend on my parents for those costs. They'll ask where is all your money? And my answer will be in the bottles up in my room. I really don't want it to come to that. Just wanted to put that out there. I am still young and dumb. And for the bottles on my "want list" it didn't mean I would get those bottles this year or the next maybe sometime down the road in my life.
ORIGINAL: jays emporium

You scared him so much he changed his "buy line".

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS